2016 F53 alignment issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PCarillon

After looking it seems alignments are not covered by warranties. Has anyone had an alignment issue with there coach with less than 10k miles on it.... we picked our used coach up with 5900 miles on it in April and just got back from a 1000 mi round trip , picked a vibration up about 300 miles from home and once we got home found this. It has 7700 now. Right front is shot and left front isnt far behind

Attachments

• rghtfrta.jpg
    rghtfrta.jpg
    340.7 KB · Views: 49
Good heavens!  If it was toed out that much, don't see how you could keep it on the road. What did the tires look like when you bought it? That tire looks like its got 200,000 miles on the tread, sure not 7700 miles. Something's going on here. What's the date code on that tire?

Tires looked decent when we got it so not sure whats going on ... the date code is 4614

PCarillon said:
Tires looked decent when we got it so not sure whats going on ... the date code is 4614
You have tires dated the 46th week in 2014 on a 2016 RV???? 

It is possible your RV was built on a chassis which was built in the fall of 2014 and the RV mfg had laying around until they built the RV in 2015. 

Take it to a large truck place or Ford truck dealership and check the alignment. 

My RV was sold  in Oct of 2015, I understand the dates and it was obviously built sometime around  the spring of 2015 as a 2016 model year coach . I know when we bought this in April,  the 2018s were just starting to show up. I ordered Toyos for it and  the tire shop should have them here in the next couple days . I will get them put on then it will be off to a truck shop for the front end to be checked and aligned, cant be putting tires on it every year and half thats for sure

Well Got the RV alignment done today and its ready to pick up. They said it was toed out 1 5/16" which is no wonder it ate through those tires. He said noting stood out as far as it being wrecked or anything. I have no clue if the previous owner hit something or not but it was WAY OUT of spec obviously. Glad I wont be putting tires on it every 7500 miles now :)

Yes it was now I got to figure out how to get steering wheel closer to centered. Instead of 9 n 3 it is 10 n 4 now

Back
Top Bottom