Enclosed bathroom Fifth Wheels?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newestrvfan

Hi everyone:

Would you kindly tell me what brands of Fifth Wheels come with an enclosed bathroom and lengths of 34 ft+? It seems very easy to find them in smaller models but once you get to bigger ones, majority have the shower that faces the master bedroom. We plan on having company and would our guests to be comfortable taking a shower whenever they pleased and the latter models just wouldn't work. I'm not sure if there's such a thing as two ful baths in a fifth wheel - perhaps the 2+ bedroom ones - but that would work too.

So far I've found Cardinal 37RK2, Cedar Creek 362BSA, Hitchhiker Champagne 37CKRD, Carriage Cameo F35SB3, Domani DF302.

Your help and recommendations in finding more options will be greatly appreciated.

NRF

Boy, a kindred spirit.  It's amazed me for years how 5th wheel makers think it's cool to take a shower in the bedroom!  Steam, water, noise, light if schedules aren't exactly the same...and yes privacy.

I found the NuWa people make several models with what is called a "railroad" layout in that a hallway is on the side, making a nice space for a bathroom.  Mine (A Snowbird model) is 32.5 feet but seems bigger.  There is even space for a washer-dryer in the bathroom, but I chose to use the space as a large linen closet.

I wanted a layout that would allow separate activities, like folks playing cards in the "living" area and others watching tv or sleeping in the "private" space.

johncmr

Hi Johncmr:

Nice to see someone who shares my sentiments. I hadn't even considered the steam or noise while another's trying to sleep - Very good point! So now the search for two full baths is no longer a necessity - I had hoped this would solve the privacy issue; but with the newly realized potential problems, my mind's made up that it's a fully enclosed b/r that we want. I appreciate you making me aware that NuWa had several models. I could only find the four 2007 models on their products' page, but when you told me about Snowbird, you made me dig around some more, and finally I found quite a number of models that fit the cap. I thank you kindly! 

My Everest 345S has the side bath. Also for 2007, they have added a couple-three more models with side baths. The side bath is the main reason we traded.

Larry

I stayed in a 5th wheel with my daughter, son-in-law, and grandson.  My daughter and her dh slept in the bedroom.  Shower was in the corner of the room, and the potty was enclosed across from it.  Even if the shower had cover around it, you can't undress, use the potty, then get into the shower with privacy.  I don't get it.  ???  Before we bought our mh we looked at several with the same setup.  The strangest setup was having the bedroom in the back, with the commode outside the bedroom with no door, and the bath tub across from the commode.  The tub had a shower curtain, but there was no door.  To get in and out of the bedroom you pass by someone on the commode.  I get performance anxiety.  I can't go (on purpose) in front of a crowd.

2006F350 said:
My Everest 345S has the side bath. Also for 2007, they have added a couple-three more models with side baths. The side bath is the main reason we traded.

Larry

Larry, do you think I could pull this model with a 3/4 tonne extended cab GMC Sierra, it is the Duromax Diesel and has the heavy duty trailering with the high ply tires?  I love it for the enclosed bathroom and the everest is lovely with the decor etc..

Why don't you give all the specs of the Truck and Camper as to weights and drive specs and allow Carl and Gary to desipher it.

hey Buddy
  My wife and I had just purchased a 2006 Mountaineer 5thwhel 30rkd and it has a separate bath at the top of the stairs before the bedroom, great selling feature for us besides the large picture window in front.

workingtorv said:
Larry, do you think I could pull this model with a 3/4 tonne extended cab GMC Sierra, it is the Duromax Diesel and has the heavy duty trailering with the high ply tires?  I love it for the enclosed bathroom and the everest is lovely with the decor etc..

You have the drive train, but I think you would be pushing it weight wise (Trailer gross is just under 14K with an unloaded pin of 1980 Lbs). I know a few that pull a trailer close to the same size with a 3/4 ton truck.  Check Keystone Everest for more information and a preview of their other model that have the side bath.

Larry

For a nice 5er with enclosed bathroom.  Check out the Bighorn 3670 by Heartland.  A really nice unit at 37' I think.  The company is kinda young, but they are doing a good job.

Jim

Just looked at a Mobile Suites, that have (they claim) the biggest bedroom slide in the buisness, that model had a completely closed off bathroom/shower/toilet. The only problem I saw was for you to use it ,you have to extend the slide all the way out.

the Bighorn 3370 also appears to have that enclose bathroom.  My dad has a Bighorn and is overall pleased with it.  A few problems relatively minor problems, but they always fixed them right up.

My 07 Cedar Creek 36RLTS by Forest River does not have an "enclosed" bathroom per say.  However, it has sliding doors that can be latched from the bathroom side between the kitchen stepdown and the bathroom and sliding doors that can be latched from the bathroom side that go to the bedroom in the front.  The toliet also has its own door that separates it from the bathroom vanity and shower.  We can close thaose doors when taking a shower and there is complete privacy from those in the general living area and kitchen and from the master bedroom in the front. 

Thank you everyone for all your suggestions for I've discovered more enclosed bathrooms than I knew were there! 

NUWA's designers really do have their heads on straight! I couldn't get over how much thought goes into their designs. Then Titanium warmed my heart in that they're getting with the program and all their new SA designs have enclosed bathrooms, and give you options. If only they could come up with an updated version of the 34E39QS only with a fully enclosed b/r.

As I mentioned before, when shopping for a 5-er, we are always thinking about having company, and I was very impressed by the optional sliding den divider door so that the living room can be shut out if you have company. Meaning we could go to the kitchen w/o disturbing the guests and they would have access to the kitchen and the full b/r without worrying about bothering us or their privacy. So if Titanium could take the b/r and bedroom designs of the SA's, and put it in this one, they'd have one heck of a good design:
Here's the floorplan of 34E39QS that I wish had a fully enclosed b/r so that the bedroom is still accessible when someone is in the shower without compromising privacy.

Do you all find that the more you look for your dream RV, the more anal you get over what it is you want? For instance, the more I found enclosed b/r 5th wheel trailers, it seemed I started to get really picky about the layout of other components.  ::)

Good info! One of the reasons we tend to favor a Class A over a 5er, is that we need a bath and a half. I've not found even one of those in a 5er, except bunk models that would waste too much space for our needs.

Edited my previous post with the correct link to the floorplan I think would be perfect if only it had an enclosed b/r. The optional den divider door I thought was a very clever feature. 8)

Pierat, I had no idea that Class A's have a bath and a half, even w/o bunk beds! Come to think of it, I've just been 5-er obsessed. Going to check out some floorplans just coz I'm nosy. ;D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom