Converting my 3-camera switched display to 3 separate displays

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lmichel

I would like to have all three of my cameras (Left, Right, Rear) displayed on three separate displays at ALL times.
So,
I bought this:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-LMD-5320-Triple-5-LCD-Monitors-Analog-Only-w-power-supply/192222481549
It's basically a three display LCD that accepts standard NTSC Composite color video with individual inputs.

When I opened up my dash panel to get to whatever switcher was doing the work of switching to the camera based on my directionals or reverse trigger, I found this: https://www.amazon.com/Voyager-CSW3014-Multi-Camera-Controller-non-Voyager/dp/B0136SOY1I

Not exactly what I was expecting :(  Thought maybe I would luck out and find individual RCA connectors for each camera - that were probably powered up at all times when the ignition was on.  Doesn't look like it..

The 4-pin "CEC" connectors are throwing me a curve.. 
I 'assume' that there is a pin for ground, another for power, one for composite video and one for audio??    But, I can't find any type of pinout mentioned anywhere.

I'm thinking of removing the voyager switcher altogether.  Never using the Radio to display any camera.  Maybe snip the CEC ends off coming from each of the three cameras and (somehow) figuring out which two wires to attach to a BNC connector for the Sony LMD.
Perhaps I'll need to run one (or both) of the other two wires on each camera to power.  I'm thinking I'll just power them up at ignition ON.

Has anyone ever done anything like this before?  How do I figure out what each of the four wires is doing, without burning up a camera?    If I guess wrong and shove +12v down the video line, I'm doubting a camera would survive it...

Any idea where I could source those same connectors so I can avoid cutting them off in case I want to put everything back the way it was?
Thanks!

Lance

Why not give www.rvcams.com/ a call after noting the brands/models of all your equipment. They have often been reported as being very knowledgeable and helpful about all camera systems.

Just to close this issue out:
I managed to get the three display unit installed and all three cameras simultaneously running to it.
Turned out to be far easier than I thought.  The key is that each of the three camera cables has four wires.  The clear color wire is the video signal. 
To my surprise, those cameras are powered up at all times.  Even when the ignition is off.
So all I had to do was run a ground and the signal wire from each camera to one of the displays. 

Now I have an overhead display showing left, rear and right at all times :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom