Radio Replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gjetson

I have a 2005 Winnebago 33' voyage. I want to replace my current radio. It works fine but I need to have a accessories jack for my Sirius satellite. Is there a radio that will replace the current radio one for one. I thought that the radio that was in it had a jack on the back side, but the line that was plugged into goes to a light next to my antenna warning light on the dash, I can't figure that one out? Thanks in advance.

The radio in my 2005 Winnebago Voyage 38 J has pigtails with RCA plugs for audio input.  I bought an adapter and am able to connect my cellphone to the radio.  Perhaps, you have a different radio.

I also have those on the back of my radio but I wasn't sure if I could plug my Car adapter Sirius Sat adapter to those leads. I was thinking that they were for audio out. I'll have to try that. The adapter at Best Buy is only $10, cheaper than buying a new radio if it works.

Your radio might be the really oddball 1.5 DIN size like the Horzion/Vectra (circa 2004-7). You can get a 1.5 DIN adapter plate or some have made the opening 2 DIN size.

Search this Winnie board for radio or DIN or 1.5 DIN.

1.5 DIN :

https://www1.crutchfield.com/p_068NEWPORT/RetroSound-Newport.html?search=1.5_din_car_stereo

Yep. That one I linked to was the only one Crutchfield lists. OP would probably do better with a single DIN and adapter as you suggested.

gjetson said:
... but the line that was plugged into goes to a light next to my antenna warning light on the dash, I can't figure that one out? Thanks in advance.

I suspect that 'light' is actually an infrared receiver for your radio remote on the steering wheel.

To convert the 1.5 DIN space to a 1 DIN space you can buy a Magnadyne (overpriced) adapter kit  here:

http://magnadyne.com/magnadyne-m99xxsdkit-class-a-rv-radio-mounting-adapter-kit/

They have a PDF file with instructions that includes the wiring scheme and how to remove and install.

Before you buy a 1 DIN radio make sure it will fit, a newer radio has a lot of components added to the back so it might be too long for the space you have! (Yes I bought one that was too long, lesson learned)

When I replaced a radio I found some of the displays could only be viewed from above.  If radio is above eye level I could not see the display.

Something to be aware of.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom