inverter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danford50

I have a xantrex/pro inverter it is flashing a code e02, looked it up in the manual and it say red under-voltage shutdown in simply English can someone tell me what I need to do to correct this my motorhome is freedom elite 29 fe

Under voltage means one of three things

1: Batteries in need of charge (And possibly not enough battery)
2: Bad connection battery to inverter
3: Cable (battery to inverter) too small or too long

How did you check the battery? How many volts did you measure?

You need to put a meter on the batteries and tell me how many volts.

Inverters need short, fat cables between them and the batteries because they draw lots of current when they're powering a load.

All of the connections have to be clean and tight as even a little bit of corrosion can block the current flow.

And the batteries have to be in good shape.  Like a weak car battery can make the headlights dim while cranking the engine, a weak house battery can read 100% under no load but not be able to deliver enough current to keep the voltage up under the heavy demand of the inverter.

The "under voltage" occurs under load, when the inverter is trying to produce 120v power and cannot get enough 12v amps from the battery to do it.  Checking the battery before the load occurs or after the inverter shuts down doesn't prove anything useful.

Since a Xantrex Pro is a minimum of a 1000W inverter, chances are you are powering something substantial and the inverter is trying to get a lot of amps from your battery. 1000W means it could pull as much as 90 amps, which would cause the voltage in any one or two battery system to drop precipitously and go below the inverters minimum (probably 10.5v).

So, first tell us what you are trying to power and what size battery(s) you have. And also what size wires are used to connect the inverter to the battery. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom