Chincoteague,VA- KOA or Tom's Cove?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pugapooh

Trying to decide which one for a week including Columbus Day 2017.  Have been to the island several times but never camped/RVs.  I just can't quite reach a decision!

Just two of us and a small dog.  Probably Will try some fishing. Cable and wifi are important.  Tom's doesn't guarantee a site with sewer but does have the fishing piers. 

Would love to hear from anyone who hasten there,thanks!

Though I live about an hour away from both, I don't go to either, so I can't advise either way. Tom's has been around a long time and anyone that ever said they stayed there never said anything negative about it. KOA used to be Maddox, and the folks used to say the same about that campground. If I'm not mistaken, this is the first year for KOA there. It's my understanding that a lot was redone there.

We have stayed at Maddox Family Campground a few times but not since it turned to a KOA.  We have stayed at Tom's Cove many, many times in November.  I have some issues with their pricing in November when most of their amenities are closed, but it is a nice campground and if you get a water site you can fish right from your site or use the fishing pier.  If you are into ocean fishing you can drive onto the Wildlife Refuge and fish the National Seashore.  I recommend Tom's Cove.  Note: They have a crazy mail in reservation system. No phone or online reservations unless they have changed recently.

Back
Top Bottom