Magnateck 7300 Converter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EricC

I had the 20 amp side of the 30/20 amp breaker trip recently and it will not reset and now neither my ac or furnace will operate.

In my experience with breakers is that when you try and reset the switch there is some resistance and if the load is still too high it will pop to off again right away.  With this one it just moves up and down between off and on freely with no resistance at all.

It has me wondering if there is something wrong with the breaker.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Most RV furnaces operate using only 12V (+ propane) and thus have fuse protection, not a breaker.

Based on the movement you described, it sound like the breaker is broken. Simply replace it with a similar one. They are not RV specific and can be purchased at any big box store like Lowes or Home Depot. BUT before doing that, carefully check what may be causing the overload.

Unplug the RV before attempting to remove the face of the distribution panel.

What is that 20A breaker for? The 30A is the main power feed for the RV but the 20A should be some sort of subsidiary circuit. Maybe the a/c unit? There should be a label on/near it saying what the branch circuit does (but could be missing or inaccurate).

As Stu said, the furnace is 12v powered, so not affected by any of those breakers unless you have also lost power 12v power.  There is a 12v converter & battery charger that is integrated with the 7300.e.g.no lighting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom