08 Monaco Knight Electrical Issues?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

captgates

Found what appears to be a low mileage (33K) 2008 Monaco Knight, very nice apparent shape. Agreed to purchase from a large Dealer. Taking possession we found inverter not working, after some haggling they agreed to repair/replace inverter. Picked up coach after inverter replacement and found the generator not automatically sending power (110V) to coach. taking it back to dealer tomorrow for them to look at it. Just too coincidental for one system to go out after replacement of a related system.
Any thoughts on what it could be? I want to arm myself with some knowledge before listening to their answers.
First time RV buyers...starting out on bad note!!

As you've probably surmised, it's always a good idea to ensure that at least the major systems are working before taking delivery. At least you found the inoperative inverter. The solution to the genset problem could be as simple as resetting some circuit breakers, or as complex as having to replace components - there's no way for us to know without more information.

Unless you bought the coach "as-is," I'd recommend testing the fridge, water heater, furnace, TVs,jacks etc. before taking it back for the genset problem.

Kev

(By the way, welcome to the RVForum)

This may not be what happened to you but I had a similar problem when I bought my last coach.

The Xantrax invertor would not work.  It turns out that the detail crew hosed it down while preparing the coach for sale.

The dealer replaced it.  This is probably unrelated to your other issue which may be the transfer switch. 

Just thought I would give you a heads up about what a detail crew can do.

You might also look through our Library (button near the top of the page) at the checklists (buying, leaving home, more), as well as other articles that might be helpful for you.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom