Issue with lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fstalfire

Hi guys...just bought a 1996 Ford travel master and am having trouble with the lights.... the running lights all work but the turn and brake lights don't work unless it sits for a half hour or so.....i put the flashers on and get nothing, no blinking, no blinking noise, nothing.....and earlier i left it on, then after a half hour it started working, no idea what or why but it was blinking, i turned it off then back on and again, it didn't work, maybe in a half hour it will start again but in the mean time.......what the heck could this be????

Hard to say without tracing wires and troubleshooting with a VOM, but when several electrical components fail simultaneously, I start suspecting a bad common ground or power wire. Finding it can be time consuming and tedious though.

You might try connecting a VOM to one of the problem lights, then gently start wiggling some wiring harnesses under the dash, since that's where they're all routed to get to the switch. You may also be able to troubleshoot without a VOM by turning on an affected light and, once again, gently wiggling the same wires to see if the light starts flickering on and off. 

Kev

(By the way, welcome to the RVForum)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom