Used Travel Trailer Buying Guide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeNNRV

We have completed our first 2 trips in a repaired and cheap pop up with greater success than expected.  We have already decide we want a travel trailer.  I have not had success finding a buyer's guide for used towables.
Any suggestions?

check out the library link near the top of the page. Lots of good info about inspecting RVs before purchase and other buying related info

There is no good "buying guide", but lots of suggestions about how to evaluate the conditions of a used RV. Start with the buyer checklists in the RVForum Library (see Library button on menu bar near top of page).

There are two key aspects to buying any RV:
1. Figure out what size & layout best suits your needs
2. Find one in the best possible condition commensurate with your budget

And since its a trailer, add to this "and verify that the gross trailer weight is within the capability of your tow vehicle".

Thank you, all.
I was and am following this advice, but was hoping for a shortcut; similar to the Consumer Reports Used Car Buying Guide.  Oh well, we press on with the information available.

I didn't mention rv.org because they don't actually test RVs, nor do they compile statistical data such as repair frequency.  The guide basically lists brochure specs and gives some subjective opinion based on rv.org criteria for those specs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom