No Fan/Blower please help... we leaveThursday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSlam

Hi Guys,
We leave for Montana this Thursday for 2 weeks... can't believe this happened today.

2009 Fleetwood Southwind with Ford F53 Chassis
The fan/blower motor will not turn on.
It worked yesterday... I was messing with the stereo, hooked up the Sirius Sat Radio etc.
Checked all the fuses... ALL good.
The relay in the pic clicks, the round silver things click like crazy when I rotate the switch that controls the fan speed.
There isn't any power going to the blower motor, we put a test light on it.

I added a pic of the switch, does it look cooked??
Where can I get a new switch?

Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks,
Dave

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 62
Hey Dave sorry you are having trouble. Sorry I can't help but hopefully someone will be along with some advice for you soon. Good luck, I'm sure you don't want to delay that trip.

I don't see anything obvious in those photos. Does the fan run if you put 12v direct to it?  Can you identify the source of the power wire to the fan?  Maybe a temporary 12v line to the fan, with a manual switch, would get you through your trip and you can work on it later?

Gary RV_Wizard said:
I don't see anything obvious in those photos. Does the fan run if you put 12v direct to it?  Can you identify the source of the power wire to the fan?  Maybe a temporary 12v line to the fan, with a manual switch, would get you through your trip and you can work on it later?

To piggy back off Gary, straight wire your blower motor first to see if it has stopped working.  They do.
If the blower motor works, you other choices are relay, resistor (looks like the heating element of a toaster, kind of), switch or wires.  Might you have knocked something lose when you were doing the work you were doing?
I would direct wire the blower motor first and if that is good, I would start checking all the wires to see if one is loose.

Dave,
If you were working on your radio, and your fan quit working, I would take a long hard look at what you did with the radio. Probably not a coincidence.

WELL.... I fixed it!
I guess when I moved that big pile of wires located up and left of the park brake I broke off the Blower Motor Relay ground wire.
It was marked with a sticker on the wire... I couldn't believe it when I saw it there! It was just screwed in with a self tapping screw and it broke right at the little clip thing.

Thanks for all the help guys!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom