Furnace Creek Inn RV Park, Death Valley

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are these the hookup sites at Furnace Creek Ranch? If so, these are the sites used for employees and the ranch (Aramark) rents them out if they're not in use (rarely). I've walked through that area and really don't remember seeing anything really big parked in there. Also, there are lots of trees so forget internet access.

I would assume that a "long 40-foot" site would not hold a 45-foot, otherwise they would call it a "45-foot" site. But I'd call Aramark to make sure.

I hope you're not planning on visiting there anytime between now and October?

Enjoy
Wendy

wendycoke said:

I hope you're not planning on visiting there anytime between now and October?

Enjoy
Wendy

She's not kidding!  We drove through a few years back in May (in a convertible, not an RV) and we were telling ourselves "How bad can it be - we love the heat. We're coming from Florida so it won't be that bad" - it's that bad!!!  The roof was down for about 5 minutes (although the AC was blasting) and then we had to put it up.  And even then, I was really sick from heat stroke.  I think driving through, the thermostat (which is always pretty accurate said) 122F and it read 132F in the parking lot when we stopped for lunch or the gift shop or something.

Beautiful place to visit, but I don't think our RV would make it other than in the winter.

We stayed at Stovepipe Wells, just down the road from Furnace Creek, on our honeymoon (late October) and found it to be perfect.  The sites appeared to be long enough to take a 50' RV!

Irv

Al,

Wendy said it all.  We were there (Furnace Creek) in our 30 ft. Lazy Daze and that was large with trees.  I doubt if they have a site large enough for yours.  You would be far better off at Stovepipe Wells or the one across the road from Furnace Creek.  There aren't any trees as I recall.  We only got a site there because it was early spring and all the summer staff had not yet arrived.

ArdraF

Thanks, All!

We were gonna go this weekend, only 89 degrees forecasted, but it's way too windy unless we wanted the RV sandblasted  :)

From everything I found, Stovepipe Wells is the place to go for hookups, but it's only 30 amps.

Al

Panamint Springs, on the west side of the park, west of Townes Pass, has an RV park with hookups.

Stovepipe Wells only has a handfull of hookup sites (I'm thinking 10) and water is nasty tasting.

Weekend looks nice in DV but Monday and Tuesday look to be back up to normal 100+ temperatures.

Head that way in November and you'll have a much better time.

I'm thinking that there are more than 10 sites with full hookups at Stovepipe Wells, but I could be wrong.  They've got 190 sites in all.  We run our drinking water through a Pur filter, so we don't really notice foul tasting water.  I guess that the best way to find out about Stovepipe Wells is to call them.  We spent our honeymoon there, so it can't be too terrible!  Their telephone number is 760-786-3200 according to the AAA California and Nevada CampBook, 2007 edition.

Double-checked and Stovepipe has 14 sites with hookups, concessionnaire operated. The 190 sites are no hookups in the NPS campground. Stovepipe water used to be nasty even after running through their reverse osmosis system but it may have improved since we were there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom