1988 Allegro, electric plug in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ebaierl

Anyone know where the plug in is for shore power on a 1988 Allegro? I have a 30 amp 50 amp cord, so I assume it has 50 amp, but I cannot for the life of me figure out where the plug is. I've looked in all the basement compartments and can't see one anywhere.

Please help, my wife is getting irritated with no AC.

Yeah, that's what I thought, but its not there. There's a small door, but when I look in it, there's nothing inside, its just a long compartment about 6 inches square. I assumed it would have its own door so I didn't have to leave a basement open, but I can't seem to find it.

On the drivers side the fuel fill I believe on the late 80s models is about 1/2 way back. Then you have a large basement door and a small one. The large door or 2nd door in from the rear bumper has the shore power connection mounted there or just under the rear of it. Black 50 amp wire. It may be plugged into a box there to close the circuit from the generator.  It may have a 50 amp connection if you have two AC units.

I am thinking of the 33 foot Allegro. The shorter ones should still have the power on the drivers side but they have very few basement doors.

I am thinking to the rear of that door underneath the coach. I could be very wrong. I have a 2000 Allegro. For park use plumbing and electrics are almost always within a few feet of one another because of the park sewer and power post being close together.  If you find an outlet with a 50 or 30A female outlet that is it or it may have plug in it that is it. If you find a plug in the outlet that could be from the generator.

I'm an idiot. I was looking for something mounted that would take a power cord to plug in. Not an inch in diameter cord that came out of the box. So yeah, found it and got the AC power and air conditioning working. I feel stupid now, so the cord a few times but thought it was a hose cause its so large.

That's OK, we've all been there.  One of our early members even made up an acronym to cover those situations - HFWPOH (Hit Forehead with Palm of Hand).  Think Homer Simpson.

Welcome to The RV Forum!

Attachments

• Homer-Simpson-Doh.jpg
    Homer-Simpson-Doh.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 3
ebaierl said:
I'm an idiot. I was looking for something mounted that would take a power cord to plug in. Not an inch in diameter cord that came out of the box. So yeah, found it and got the AC power and air conditioning working. I feel stupid now, so the cord a few times but thought it was a hose cause its so large.

There is no question you can ask that all of us didn't once scratch our heads over. Its all about learning your motorhome. The more you learn the more confident you will become and the more fun you will have. This is the device that will race you forward into the adventures of living. Just keep asking. Leaning about all the cool stuff it does is part of the fun of owning. Like a big toy to mess around with.  ;D

Back
Top Bottom