Remind me I left the kid in the car!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JackL said:
Didn't leave any in the vehicle, but left one behind.

We have eight children
Jack L

Eight children! We figured out what was causing them after two. Our daughter was so bad when she was little we often wished the pill was retroactive.

Lost another child yesterday I believe it was in AZ. The baby was 4 months old under the care of the grandmother.

more and more Gram's have been called back into action as it take two incomes to raise a young family any more.

if the new Chevy's have a 'rear pass.' warning device built into the car it must be an issue big enough for GM to do something about it.

it's like seatbelts......99.99 % of the time they are not needed,  but when they are needed they save lives.

I put this in a similar category as a child drowning in a pool when there are adults around but I have a good friend that lost his child that way and he was a hover dad. just one moment of forgetfulness and he pays for it all his life.

Years ago I thought I might be an over-protective parent and discussed it with our pediatrician.  He said "There is no such thing as an over-protective parent!"  One of his little patients had just drowned in a home pool.  He was very adamant.

Tom said:
Hey Don, did you move from SSFO or from your Reno place?
I still have my two houses in Reno. I sold my house in SSF and bought this one in Auburn late last year.

It's nice to be out of the Bay Area traffic! It's less than half the distance from here to Reno and no  traffic (usually) and no bridges.

-Don-  Auburn, CA

TonyDtorch said:
more and more Gram's have been called back into action as it take two incomes to raise a young family any more.

if the new Chevy's have a 'rear pass.' warning device built into the car it must be an issue big enough for GM to do something about it.

it's like seatbelts......99.99 % of the time they are not needed,  but when they are needed they save lives.

Saw a lighted highway sign yesterday listing the number of traffic deaths in the state so far this year but most shocking was the statement that 65 PERCENT WERE NOT USING SAFETY BELTS.  You can't fix stupid and a lot of young folks think they are invincible.

Guess I might as well confess.  Years ago we Volkswalked every weekend [10 k walks].  On a Saturday morning did a walk on the coast of Oregon and headed to Portland to do a afternoon event.  On the way , stopped to fuel up the Roadtrek.  Raymonda was in back asleep as I got out to gas up.  She awoke and went into the store.  I finished fueling and drove off.  As I were getting back on I 5, there was construction, so I called back to her about rough road.....no response, looked back, no DW.  Got off at the next exit and returned.  There she was sitting a on a bench enjoying a apple fritter.  I do miss that little Lady.

Bill Dane
99 Country Coach Allure

Bill N said:
Saw a lighted highway sign yesterday listing the number of traffic deaths in the state so far this year but most shocking was the statement that 65 PERCENT WERE NOT USING SAFETY BELTS.  You can't fix stupid and a lot of young folks think they are invincible.
There are settings in new cars that will not allow the radio to play if there are seatbelts unfastened.

but IMO....cell phone use, is the new drunk drivers of the road.

And the message is spreading. While driving down an interstate in TN a few days ago, we passed a road side highway sign with the message " Are you kids in the back seat?"  I was amazed. But apparently the problem has  reached a new level of urgency.

Back
Top Bottom