EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: My first RV...looking for input, thoughts, suggestions.  (Read 1219 times)

ducnut

Re: My first RV...looking for input, thoughts, suggestions.
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2017, 08:13:20 PM »
I strongly recommend the generator option.

It comes with an Onan 4000W.  ;)

casualemt

• ---
  • Our Journey makes us very happy!!
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2017, 01:15:43 AM »
What is your budget? Are you looking for a new unit? I have to concur on the DP. I bought a Winnebago journey 36, with the 350 cat 6 speed trans. The quietness while driving, the smoothness of the air suspension, the 10,000 lb towing capacity, the endless storage, all make for a great asphalt gobbler!!
Now consider this: it is a 2005, I paid 58k, with 26k miles on it. What do you think you will pay for a new class C gasser? Way more than that! Also, if you read the forums, you'll see that commonly new RV's usually end up back at the dealers multiple times for possibly months getting all the "bugs" worked out. At 26k miles, probably has all the "bugs" worked out already.
My point is, don't automatically discount a DP just because of the perception of high cost or expensive maintenance. In 3 years, 15k miles I have spent about a thousand dollars on maintenance, and some of that was to fix a few things the previous owner should have taken care of.
 But the rewards of the DP are many, I tow a 2008 Honda Accord on a dolly and the Journey doesn't even flinch...even over Monarch pass at 11,900ft!!!
My advise, don't fart around with RVs that will just barely do the job, go for the DP, you'll be glad you did!
Rich and Carol...
2005 Journey 36G 350, Deep Blue

Xmen1313

• ---
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2017, 12:27:48 PM »
go for the DP, you'll be glad you did!
I love the DP's, they're just typically larger than what I'm looking for and anything over 35 ft is going to be real tricky storing at home. I do continue to look, almost daily and most all options are on the table...class A options that is.  Pretty much moved on from the C's.

billwild

• ---
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2017, 01:06:24 PM »
We have owned both, a 28' class C, and a 40' class A diesel. The Class A's are worth it just for the storage underneath alone. None of the class C's have much storage under neath. I used to pack stuff in a box on the roof.

Bill

Hosted by Over The Network