Riverside RV White Water Retro RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodcutter

My wife and I are seriously looking into a travel trailer to see the USA.  We both love the retro styling of the Riverside RV White Water Retro RVs.  We are considering the Retro 265BH.  The size and layout should fit our needs well.  I understand that this is a relatively new RV company out of Elkhart, IN and is not owned by one of the big RV players.  They push their"Amish made" roots.  If anyone has any experience with this brand can you please share your thoughts with me?  Has anyone ever seen any of these in the used market place?  Thanks much.

While we don't own a Retro, we have looked at a few. They seem to be very well built. The only thing we didn't like was the small black tank size. As far as used, try RVT, or RV Trader.

We own a Whitewater Retro 195. We bought it in March of 2016. A month later we took off across the country and towed it 8,600 miles. We have had a couple of minor problems with it. One window leaked but was easily fixed by tightening the mounting screws. The other problem was the support for the fresh water tank. It appeared to be a piece of particle board wrapped in plastic and supported by two metal straps. We carry some water in case we want to make a potty stop, and at the end of our long trip, I discovered the board had broken. The dealer fixed it on warranty and at my request used plywood for added stength.

The trailer is easy to tow and very comfortable for us. We were concerned about the 17 gallon black tank, but we find we can easily go four days without dumping. Our style is to stay in state and county parks or private RV parks with either full hook-ups or dump stations, so we have never run into a problem with running out of tankage. We have not tried boondocking, but wouldn't hesitate to do a few days dry camping, if needed.

An unexpected benefit is that we have met more people in the last 1 1/2 years than in our previous 10 years of RVing. Everybody loves our trailer, and they want to stop by and chat about it. Some think it is a restoration and are impressed. Others just think it is cute. DW and I think it is the best RV for our purposes of the four we have owned. We have had good responsiveness from the dealer and the factory when there was a question.

We are also looking at a Riverside Retro 195.  It seems like pretty good quality compared to other travel trailers we looked at in different dealerships.  We love the retro look and colors.  We found that there's no a big selection, especially trying to find used.  We did find a 2017 close out not too far away. 

Back
Top Bottom