1996 Fleetwood Flair for first timer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

efra1223

Hey guys and gals, just back for some more advice if you could spare a few minutes. Im new to RVs but have been reading tons of all of yalls advice. Today I went to see a Tioga that looked really nice, with a brand new roof, started pulling up bottom drawers and checking top cabinets and found signs of leakage. The owner told me "you know what to look for huh?" and Ive never had an RV so... thank you guys for all the advice Ive been reading.

Anyhow, this is probably a no, no, but wanted to see what any of you thought: Heres a 1996 Fleetwood Flair. Id rather stay within the early 2000s, but thought this would be worth a look:
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/rvs/d/fully-upgraded-1996-fleetwood/6232994915.html

My budget is 20k btw, I dont want a payment so Id rather buy something cash at 26ft and under.

I think its way over priced.  That unit should have a retail of about 15 grand. Oh, is it missing a 1,000 buck awning on the entry side? If you like his new paint that is fine but it does not make it worth more than normal retail. If he rebuilt the transmission it means he had to rebuild the transmission so that is no real plus.

As an example this one has 20k less miles with a slide and has not had to have the transmission reubuilt. It is also newer. I think you can do better. If you buy low you always paint, upholster, etc. to pretty it up

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/rvs/d/1999-winnebago-minnie/6244241714.html

The Fleetwood you are looking at should be in this range or lower maybe.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/rvd/d/1997-damon-intruder-32/6246047480.html

satxron said:
I think its way over priced.  That unit should have a retail of about 15 grand. Oh, is it missing a 1,000 buck awning on the entry side? If you like his new paint that is fine but it does not make it worth more than normal retail. If he rebuilt the transmission it means he had to rebuild the transmission so that is no real plus.

Exactly what I thought. NADA has it for around 15k

That Damon Intruder I posted may be something you may want to see. Looks like a serious paint job was done on it. Nobody spends that time and money on a non functional coach.

I got this 2000 Tiffin at 13k did some work inside, redid the roof, put some tires on it and painted it. All in 17k. Don't over spend if you can help it. Leave a buffer in your money for the "learning" "OH CRAP!" moments. Just posted mine so you can see you will not be the only person with smaller old stuff. We have been driving it a few years and do a thing at a time. This summer was the paint.

Attachments

• newpaintsm.jpg
    newpaintsm.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 32

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom