2015 Jay flight rooftop a.c. not blowing cold

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Encore985

Hi I have a 2015 Jay flight 31 ft trailer.  And was using for 5 days in very hot weather. The a.c. was on full blast most of the day
Than it just stopped blowing cold. Everything works fine besides the cold air. Where do I start troubleshooting

Welcome!!

Make and model of air conditioner?? Thermostat controlled or controls on the unit??

Where were you camping at?  What was the outside temperature? 

I have a 2016  27ft Jayco White Hawk and I live in Las Vegas.  The temperatures can get over 100+ every day here or around Nevada.  The AC I have is a 15,000 BTU Coleman Mach and my trailer inside doesn't get below 90 when the temperatures are that high.  The AC can not keep the unit cool.  The best my unit can do is about a 15 to maybe 20 degree drop in outside temperature.  I have the darkest windows you can get and even extra insulation in the roof and slide.  Also use foil on just about every window to reduce the heat entering the trailer. 
We have purchased another portable AC and use it in the main part of the trailer to help with the heat.  When we use it we can get the inside of the trailer down to around 78 or 80. 

I'm not sure if your unit stopped blowing cold air or its running and just isn't cooling your trailer enough.  ( I'm thinking you have air movement but no cold air.) The units don't have fittings to check to see if you have a proper refrigerant level.  At least my unit doesn't.  You can purchase fittings that will make a hole in your lines so you can check for proper charge.  You can get them from Home Depot.  Then if you have the gauges  to check, that would be your starting point. 

I'm no expert by any shape of form.  LOL  Just trying to help. 

By your brief description it sounds like both the blower fan as well as the compressor motor are working. Hard to say what the problem might be. Its a sealed system so if it has lost its refrigerant you have a leak somewhere and will need to be repaired before it can be re-charged. You may also have an internal failure. Either way it'll need to be repaired or replaced.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlm611
Back
Top Bottom