Water Hoses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jackiemac

Site Team
When we first started out last year we were given the normal white water hose and we subsequently bought another longer one.  As we were unhappy with the connections and the kiinking we decided to try the Zero G hose which we bought from Lowe's, although I think Wal-Mart and Amazon sell them too.  We are so glad we changed. Easy to use, connections very robust and screw in and out with ease, rolls up easy and although you get slight kinks, so much easier to fix.  Just thought i would put a recommendation on here in case anyone else having the same problems.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Zero-G-5-8-in-x-50-ft-Premium-Duty-Kink-Free-Woven-Hose/999972996

I bought what I think is the same one at a camping store, so far so good. I NEVER leave it hooked up under pressure, just use it to fill tank. The ease of handling, light weight make it worth it for me, would buy another if this goes bad just for the convenience.

GaryA said:
My understanding is that these type of hose CANNOT be left under pressure.

We have been using ours since May with no problem. It is rated to 600psi and we use a regulator which reduces pressure to 50psi

https://www.apexhose.com/zero-g-rv-marine-hose

Where did you hear about not being able to use under pressure?

jackiemac said:
We have been using ours since May with no problem. It is rated to 600psi and we use a regulator which reduces pressure to 50psi

https://www.apexhose.com/zero-g-rv-marine-hose

Where did you hear about not being able to use under pressure?

I read it somewhere and it was specifically referencing the one advertised on
TV.  I'm gonna get the one you have had success with.  Thanks.

GaryA said:
Hope it works as well for you Gary. I know Home Depot do something similar but they were not as sturdy. Let me know what you think....

I wish when I was new to RVing someone had told me about quick connectors.

I bought mine in heavy duty brass (about 6 total). It has made life a breeze. I just screw on the Y valve at the campground then quick connect everything else (water regulator, water filter, hoses etc.) When I need to refill tanks I have a quick connect wand to pop on, fill tank, pop off then pop the hose back on the quick connect city connection.

I also found that 15 and 25 foot sections of hose were better than 50 footers, much easier to handle and store. The quick connect makes it easy to assemble if needed.

My favorite brass quick connectors:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002J0PMOS

Fixed product link    -scottydl

Attachments

• brass quick connectors.jpg
    brass quick connectors.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 4
jackiemac said:
Hope it works as well for you Gary. I know Home Depot do something similar but they were not as sturdy. Let me know what you think....

The one thing I don't like is the 50' length. I wonder if it's possible to cut it in half 0r 15'/35' and install regular fittings like you would  with a regular hose.

It took me 6 years to figure out the whole quick connector thing.  The water inlet for the View is tucked back pretty far into the utility bay.  Lefty/righty by feel wasn't working well for me.  Quick connector in place, just reach in and basically plug the hose into the inlet.  When done, a slight pull on the connector, and it's off.  Sweet.

DearMissMermaid said:
I wish when I was new to RVing someone had told me about quick connectors.

I bought mine in heavy duty brass (about 6 total). It has made life a breeze. I just screw on the Y valve at the campground then quick connect everything else (water regulator, water filter, hoses etc.) When I need to refill tanks I have a quick connect wand to pop on, fill tank, pop off then pop the hose back on the quick connect city connection.

I also found that 15 and 25 foot sections of hose were better than 50 footers, much easier to handle and store. The quick connect makes it easy to assemble if needed.

My favorite brass quick connectors:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002J0PMOS

Fixed product link    -scottydl

Sound like a great idea! We have these for cable tv cable.

Regarding cable TV quick connects.

Two types. One is a coverter (F-to BNC) you need two of each. These may be good..

THe other is an F screw on to push on.. These fail swiftly and need frequent replacement.

GaryA said:
Note we had a leak with one of our hoses but had kept receipt and took it back to Lowes for exchange with no hassle...

John From Detroit said:
Regarding cable TV quick connects.

Two types. One is a coverter (F-to BNC) you need two of each. These may be good..

THe other is an F screw on to push on.. These fail swiftly and need frequent replacement.
please tell more, are they good to use on sat., where do you find them. Amazon ? thanks

I saw these at Lowes and thought they would be good for the camper but a friend bought one and said it made the water taste like it was coming from an old rubber garden hose.  Have any of you noticed a taste difference??
Jack

Hi Jack no. Water fine unless chlorinated at source. It's so much easier to handle and fittings better.

itsb said:
please tell more, are they good to use on sat., where do you find them. Amazon ? thanks

BNC connectors are constant impedance. You need to make sure you get the right ones (72 ohms) for TV use.  The "F to BNC" (Or BNC-F) should be that impedance (making it easy)

They are very good,, Professional grade,,, Connectors.

John From Detroit said:
BNC connectors are constant impedance. You need to make sure you get the right ones (72 ohms) for TV use.  The "F to BNC" (Or BNC-F) should be that impedance (making it easy)

They are very good,, Professional grade,,, Connectors.
thanks John

We just use a 50' garden hose. I do run a gallon or so thru it each time before hooking it up. Also if it's been sitting awhile I'll put a few ounces of bleach in it and slowly run it through the hose then run fresh water thru it for a few minutes to purge any bleach &/or residue. Never had any issues.

Back
Top Bottom