Replace couch with recliners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Geoneece

hi everyone. Fairly new to RVing. We have a 2006 sightseer I am considering removing the pullout couch and replacing with a couple recliners. also considering trying to connect a larger Flat panel tv and put it on the table across from the couch. saw the posts about replacing the current CRT with a 32" but seems like it wouldn't be a good location considering where the recliners will be. IM assuming I can tie into the coax cable running from the TV selector to the bedroom so I could still use the controller. Anyone tried anything like this .

Welcome! Best thing to do is to look at your coax wiring diagram (links to diagrams above in the Winnie and Chassis Resources thread), understand the cable routing and then plan your install.

I pulled the couch out of our 29' sightseer and put in two recliners.  Since the slideout was only the depth of the couch the recliners (even the wall hugger model recliner) will not recline without the front of the recliner being pulled forward about 8".  I built a pair of wooden boxes about 2" tall 12-14" deep and a little wider than the recliners.  When I pull the recliners out the front of the recliner rests on the box.  We are also able to angle the recliners to the front of the RV to view the 32" flat panel LED TV I installed in place of the old CRT TV. 

I was thinking close the slide, set the recliner in a reclined position and mark that. Then attach 1x strips to the slide portion and a small floor into that slide frame the size of the recliner base. The recliner space would stay the same and it would float just over the main corridor with the front of the chair.

Yes, I think you have a great idea. I took out my dinette leaving the couch and put in two soft chairs.

Here are pictures of our recliners in the slideout:

Attachments

• Recliners in Slideout 1 (Small).jpg
    Recliners in Slideout 1 (Small).jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 53
  • Recliners in Slideout 2 (Small).jpg
    Recliners in Slideout 2 (Small).jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 42

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members