Monitor Panel/Water Heater troubles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sjones1025

Hi there, I have a 2008 Pioneer Spirit travel trailer and I've run into a confusing issue with my water heater and monitor panel. I'm hoping someone can help point me in the right direction for troubleshooting.

I was having an issue with not having hot water, my monitor panel was working fine. It's a simple KIB panel shows tank level, battery indicator and has a switch for the HTR and Pump. All were working when I started down my water heater troubleshooting mission. My thermal cutoff switch appeared to be my problem. Water heater would not light up when connected to cutoff switch, when I removed it to bypass, the water heater lit up. I disconnected the bypass as I went to go find a new cutoff switch.

Found a new thermal cutoff switch, check it all for good continuity and now my monitor panel doesn't light up for the tank levels, battery indicator and HTR switch. The water pump switch does light up and pump is working fine.

I checked all the fuses I can find and they all check out, I reset my breaker switches and still no luck with my monitor panel.

Has anyone run into this issue and have any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

Sorry, I can not help with your issue, but I can reply, pushing this back to the top of the page.

This is an old post but adding what i found on mine -similiar issue with monitor panel not working correctly (i.e. battery, water levels, etc) And no lights on water pump, or electric water heater switches.... For me had checked all fuses good, good voltages at terminal blocks, -where fuses are all good 12V on terminal block side, however little to no volts on actual Water Pump connection (<2V DC) and also same on the monitor panel switch side -(only 6V there)...

After long troubleshooting, I found the actual wire that connects under a screw in the terminal block -looked connected, but upon close inspection, and slight tug on the wire -showed that it was actually a broken connection for the water pump. The wire had broken off from the original. I suspect that the original installer cut -thru-most-of-the wires when they stripped them and that was why there were strand of wires left under the screw and exposed on the left side of the block, and on the right side there was a barely a single strand of wire barely making a connection, ... (was only a matter of time and road vibration) for it to break off. Only thing left on right side was wire With Insulation..so I used my wire strippers and stripped off a fresh 1/4" off the insulation and cleared the old wires out of the terminal block. Put in the new wire using a needl-nose pliers, screwed down the regular screw on the terminal block, measured voltages and all connections to pump and switch showed 12V!

Turned on pump switch and it works! AND All the panel monitor lights work correctly now! Before they just flash strobed for a sec then died whenever the voltage was off due to a bad connection on the water pump wire on the actual terminal block that is where the fuse panel is located. Hope this helps someone out there to help troubleshoot..took me a few hours to find. Thank the Lord! Now our camper is winterized for 2018!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom