How to calculate offer for an used class A?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DTM

I could use any help in trying to come up with an offer for an used class A.....thanks!!

I'm really interested in this too!

Looking forward to reading the responses from all of these good folks.

:))

you can view closed actions on Ebay,  that will show you the actual sold price..and the prices of ones that did not sell.

you use similar make, model 'Comp. values' to establish the approximate market value of the vehicle...and then how much you are willing to pay for this one,  because you could buy any other one at full market value.

PPL motorhome's site also has a "sold" section that shows the prices that were paid for units when they sold.

kdbgoat said:
PPL motorhome's site also has a "sold" section that shows the prices that were paid for units when they sold.
on PPL ,  you can see where the listing price was,  but it does not show you what it actually sold for.

Check around for other asking and (where available) selling prices. Also check the NADA RV Guide, to get a rough idea.Prices can vary quite a bit regionally and seasonally, but you will get a ball park figure. Then assess what repairs and replacements are needed, e.g. tires, and make some guesses.  The asking price may or may not be anywhere near realistic, so you can't judge much relative to that.

We do sometimes think about selling the 3100 square foot suburban house and then buying a motor home and condo instead. Maybe in 5-6 years we will do it, so I occasionally look at PPL and other sites to maintain a vague feeling for prices. I am amazed at how low the prices are for used motor homes, and I see why people recommend looking at a used one. However I seldom see a used motor home that is only 2-3 years old on PPL. Are there other sites that are more likely to have much newer units? Some of the things we want are just now coming into common use, so in a few more years I am going to be looking at a 2017-2019.

[Sorry for the derailment of the OP's question.]

UTTransplant said:
We do sometimes think about selling the 3100 square foot suburban house and then buying a motor home and condo instead. Maybe in 5-6 years we will do it, so I occasionally look at PPL and other sites to maintain a vague feeling for prices. I am amazed at how low the prices are for used motor homes, and I see why people recommend looking at a used one. However I seldom see a used motor home that is only 2-3 years old on PPL. Are there other sites that are more likely to have much newer units? Some of the things we want are just now coming into common use, so in a few more years I am going to be looking at a 2017-2019.

[Sorry for the derailment of the OP's question.]
You obviously haven't looked as there are several 2014-2016 diesel coaches listed and some 2017 gas coaches.
Hear is a nice OLDER 2013 coach you might like. I bet it has everything that is now coming into common use.
http://motorhomesoftexas.com/coachrv/foretravel/2013--ih45--45--P1266
Heare is a used coach that might meet your expectations as to having all the more common amenities. it is an old 2016 coach.
http://www.newellcoach.com/newell-coaches/coach-1527/ ;D
Bill

WILDEBILL308 said:
You obviously haven't looked as there are several 2014-2016 diesel coaches listed and some 2017 gas coaches.
Hear is a nice OLDER 2013 coach you might like. I bet it has everything that is now coming into common use.
http://motorhomesoftexas.com/coachrv/foretravel/2013--ih45--45--P1266
Heare is a used coach that might meet your expectations as to having all the more common amenities. it is an old 2016 coach.
http://www.newellcoach.com/newell-coaches/coach-1527/ ;D
Bill
Those coaches are definitely not what I am looking for - I do not go for ornate but I do appreciate the link to Motorhomes of Texas. I had been looking at PPL. When I mention newer styles I  really mean having a television where I can watch it from two recliners without waiting instead of from the dinette. i really like some of the newer Winnebago interiors, and I am hoping more manufacturers change from the "two couches facing each other" design before I get serious at looking. Oh well, it is probably 5 years or so before I worry about it. I enjoy the ruggedness of my current (much smaller) travel trailer right now. I don't think I would want to take an expensive coach down the back roads we like traveling now.

I am hoping more manufacturers change from the "two couches facing each other" design before I get serious at looking.

That's more of a floor plan thing than newer vs older. Heck, the '04 I sold last winter didn't have the "two couches" layout.  But I'll agree that the two couches type floor plan seems to be very popular and thus rather prevalent in the market.  Apparently an awful lot of buyers want them, or there would not be so many sold.  I've often wondered how many of those buyers have two coaches in their [much larger] living room at home?  ???

DTM said:
I could use any help in trying to come up with an offer for an used class A.....thanks!!
DTM
Go here to calculate a realistic value:
http://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/Motorhomes?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4_3pmqm-1QIVhgFpCh043w6cEAAYASADEgIQP_D_BwE&s_kwcid=AL!4561!3!208637789231!e!!g!!nada%20motorhome?cid=BrandSE&ef_id=WNiQeQAAAFsVw0n7:20170804193352:s
(Don't add any options unless you're positive that they where originally optional on the make/model of the coach you are pricing).

Back
Top Bottom