The Household Clean-out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreamsend

Hello Friends -- I've been missing the forum for about 2 months now so wanted to check-in with an update.  The household "goods" sale is this weekend - at least 90% of my stuff is in the sale. Along with sorting, pricing, etc. I did the senior clean-out -- about 200 bags (kitchen and trash sized mixed) of stuff was thrown out. Everything from old financial files, to pillows, rugs, 60 years of cards and letters, 80% of photo prints, yearbooks, and all the high school/college achievement certs/awards and memorabilia, boxes, (was going to ebay in my old age) and reems and reems of reports, papers, books, etc used in my business during pre-computer days.  I estimate I hauled close to 2 tons of stuff from the basement -- and why it took 2 months. It is sooooo liberating!

I've advertised heavily but need hundreds of folks to show up to the sale and buy something if I have any hope of NOT having to stick a bunch of stuff back in the house.  Undoubtedly there will be some large donations in my near future also. And this sale doesn't include clothing, books, or jewelry!  How did I get so much stuff? (rhetorical)

After this weekend I hope to sit back and read the summer's posts to catch up.  Then it's on to a kitchen refurb in preparation of the house sale.  Step by step. . . .

Regards to all and hoping your travels are safe and enjoyable.  Linda

Several times I have emptied out a home to move on to the next adventure.

I had two sales. The first one I called everyone that had ever been in my home to come pick out their favorites before I had a public sale. Astonishingly my friends carted off much of the stuff. Amazingly, they seemed to pay better than I expected because I let them make an offer first. They knew the funds were being used for my next adventure and often offered me a lot more than I would have asked.

They also might cart off things you didn't think of selling. In my first home, I had been working as an executive. A friend showed up inquiring about clothes! She carted off all my suits and offered a really nice price for them too. It had not occurred to me to put those up for sale. I also had an extensive hat collection that another friend wanted to buy. Heck I was making money on stuff I thought I would be donating.

Then I had the final sale, the one to the public.

In my last empty-out-home,  by pre-arrangement, a couple with a pickup truck came and hauled off anything left. They were working with their church that was outfitting struggling families, so anything left went to them.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom