EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: seriously considering converting shower to storage...  (Read 13710 times)

wackymac

• ---
Re: seriously considering converting shower to storage...
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2017, 03:25:34 PM »
ArdraF-- I'm with you, too.  Our budget Fiesta has a nice size shower.  Much more convenient than hauling towels, soap, etc. to the campground shower.
Another one for DW is dish washer.
2002 Fleetwood Fiesta 31H, 2001 F53 Ford chassis
2002 Toyota Tacoma Xtra Cab 2wd
2 cats:
10 year old red mackerel tabby with white, male, 26#,  leash trained--Rusty
10 year old black and white DLH, 14#, female--Penny
Home base---Ocala, FL

aguablanco

• ---
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2017, 06:28:36 PM »
I haven't seen any posts stating the obvious, take only the stuff you and the kids actually need. Unless you are out for a week or more at a time why are there duffle bags of stuff? Most CG's either have laundry or one is nearby. And, most importantly, make dad and the kids assist with the laundry. It helps when there are more people doing a job.
RichH
2012 Silverado 1500 5.3L 6 Speed
2010 Freedom Spirit 24 FBSL
Curt 10K WDH
Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups.

Oldgator73

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2017, 07:18:48 PM »
I haven't seen any posts stating the obvious, take only the stuff you and the kids actually need. Unless you are out for a week or more at a time why are there duffle bags of stuff? Most CG's either have laundry or one is nearby. And, most importantly, make dad and the kids assist with the laundry. It helps when there are more people doing a job.
RichH

I think they are in the MH for an extended time.

Peggyy

• ---
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2017, 08:34:13 AM »
Dinnerdiva  when I click on your link said just text me today Ikea site but not anything specific   Just fyi
GMC Sierra 2012
2016 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 264BHW Travel Trailer
sweet home Alabama

oakback

• ---
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2017, 08:20:02 AM »
I'm in the process of renovating a mid-60s 14' TT. All the plumbing has been removed by a previous owner, and there is enough water damage and half-arsed "repairs" and "modifications" that we're planning on gutting it to the studs (inside and out) and rebuilding. The beds/seating, kitchenette, and a/c locations are planned out just fine.

The shower is about 3'x2'. We don't plan on using it, and I get annoyed with how small shower are in houses, so I'd likely never use it (I'm 6'4"). We've been tent campers for years and have no problems using the on site showers. If anything, I'll add a shower to the outside, with mounts for a removable curtain (great for rinsing off bodies and chairs after beach trips). I'm not too concerned with resale value, since it's currently one foot in the scrap yard, and we're fixing it up to our personal tastes, and not tripping to flip it for a profit. Also less plumbing and not worrying about interior waterproofing would nice.

That said, we've never had a camper, and I'm not yet sure how to utilize the extra space. It seems from the comments here that everyone likes more storage. Is there a "best" method? Open shelves? Cabinets? A closet? Since I'm starting from scratch, we can go any way with it, I just don't have enough experience to have a preference.

Hosted by Over The Network