AC, fridge, and interior lights not working.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deerhunter8938

I bought a 2008 aspen frontier travel trailer last year and everything went well. This year when I was getting it ready to go camping I find out that my ac, fridge, and interior lights do not work. All the receptacles and slideouts work fine. I thought it could be the battery so I replaced it but still nothing. I checked all fuses and ended up changing out the converter but still nothing. I have looked for a battery shutoff switch and cannot find one. I am at a loss of what to do now and any help would be greatly appreciated

Most of that non working stuff seems to point to a dead battery or missing 12V as you have already surmised. All interior lights are 12V, the fridge requires 12V for its control circuits and the AC may be controlled by a thermostat on the wall which also requires 12V to function.

You will have to track down the missing 12V using a meter or good test light. One place to start is at the GROUND connection from the battery. A loose or rusted connection to the trailer frame might be the cause. You may or may not have a cutoff switch, not all trailers do. But one thing is sure, if you did not use it last year, it should be far down the list of suspects. Be aware that a cutoff switch can be in many forms from a simple knife switch (as attached) or these: http://www.ebay.com/bhp/battery-disconnect-switch. It will not look like a wall switch in most cases.

Attachments

• knife switch.jpg
    knife switch.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom