EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Trying to locate the fresh water pump - 2008 Fleetwood Terra LX 34 N  (Read 162 times)

cbrunckhorst

Hello Members - I am trying to locate my freshwater pump on the new (used) 2008 Fleetwood Terra LX 34 N motor home.  Checked all of the obvious places under sink, behind drawers in the bays - nothing.
Not getting water through the faucets but there is power to the switch as it lights up.  Manuals are zero help and a couple of RV stores suggested to call Fleetwood ... 

If anyone has a thought process and willing to share, I would appreciate your insight as this is a frustration at this point.  Thanks much!

Collin Brunckhorst

SMR

• ---
Re: Trying to locate the fresh water pump - 2008 Fleetwood Terra LX 34 N
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 02:25:43 PM »
I agree call Fleetwood- they were very helpful when I had any question about our 05 Bounder.

welcome to the forum
Gonna put the world away for a minute......
Steve
2016 Bighorn 3760 EL
2015 Ford F350
me, DW and our 2 dogs

BinaryBob

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 02:27:33 PM »
I recall another thread a while back. I thought they said it was under the bed.
2004 Itasca Suncruiser 37B

"Every hobby perpetuates its arcane mysteries. How else would we impress the newbies with our superior knowledge?"
--Gary RV Roamer--

8Muddypaws

• ---
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 02:37:50 PM »
I know it's not the exact same thing but FW put mine way up inside the upper left of the wet bay.  I've been lucky and haven't had to replace it so far.  As near as I can tell I will have to remove almost all of the wiring and plumbing in there  to get to it. 
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 03:12:14 PM by 8Muddypaws »
Retired computer professional
Musician, songwriter and music director
2006 Bounder 34H, 2008 CR-V Toad

Howard R

• ---
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 07:10:56 PM »
If you have a fill/use valve for the fresh water tank, put valve in 'fill' position and with pump on, should run continuously and you should easily be able to hear it somewhere around the RV .

If no luck, as suggested give Fleetwood a call 8003228216 and have your FIN number handy.  That is Fleetwoods ID number for your particular unit.  One place my FIN shows up is on the left side next to the drivers door ... yours maybe posted elsewhere.  There should be data sheet inside one of your cabinets that may have it also, along with weight and capacity info.

They can also email you drawings for plumbing, electrical, etc. , just ask.

Howard

2001 Fleetwood Southwind 35R
V10   F53
2003 Jeep Liberty Toad
Minnesota

Rene T

• ---
  • Great being on the right side of the grass
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 07:44:23 PM »

Not getting water through the faucets but there is power to the switch as it lights up. 

You said you're not getting any water out of the faucets. Is it possible that the faucet strainers are plugged up?  If the lines are staying pressurized, the pump won't start
Rene & Lucille & co-pilot Buddy
AKA  Pep N Mem
2011 Chevy Duramax 2500 HD 4X4
2011 Montana High Country 343RL
From the Granite State of NH
& Florida Snowbird in Lakeland FL

KandT

• ---
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 08:03:17 PM »
You said you're not getting any water out of the faucets. Is it possible that the faucet strainers are plugged up?  If the lines are staying pressurized, the pump won't start

Good point!  I would guess most have the low flow limiter as well - one good chunk of junk and you could clog a lot up.
2005 Winnebago Vectra
American Car Dolly
2009 Accord Toad
It's not a problem.  It's a project!

Hosted by Over The Network