2008 Flagstaff River forest Popup camper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buddiesmom2015

Hello,

I have 2 questions hoping you can assist in troubleshooting to see what is going on with my Popup camper.
1) The Electric Winch will not make any sounds or popup my camper. Troubleshooting done.
- I made sure camper was level, with the stablizer jacks down.
- The clamps are off and not holding it down
- Battery has full Charge even bought a new battery to reassure was all good.
I have not taken it loose to check to make sure the wires are tightly connected yet. I do remember the last time I used it and was working properly the button would get stuck and I had to wiggle to get to stop popping up ( if this helps any at all.)

2) Last time I took this camping, it was plugged into the Electric at campsite once was up the AC would work, and the Electric outlets in the camper were working but the lighting was not. My husband being an electrician checked the Campground Electric and it was good, Checked the Fuze box and all was good Not sure if could be the converter box or what please help me in assisting of getting trouble shot I am hoping to soon trade this in and do not want to have stuff wrong to where mark down on trade in.

I recently encountered the same set of problems on my friends pop up. The electric winch problem turned out to be the switch was gone. We found that by hand cranking the camper up a bit to make sure nothing was stuck. When we hit the switch it went back down. We then bypassed the switch and it went up. Replaced the switch and all was well. You said you had to wiggle the switch, so I would be leaning toward this being the problem. Also it should stop going up automatically when the limiter switch reaches maximum. Could also be the problem as the power goes through the limit switch before it gets to the winch. If the main switch is not faulty, check the upper and lower limit switches, they could be faulty.The interior lights turned out to be a faulty switch as well. The galley folds down out of the way to close down the roof. On the underside of the kitchen sink, (galley), are two switches. On his, the one switch disables the lights, the other disables the furnace. These safety switches are there to prevent you from putting the top down with the lights on, and or the furnace. I unplugged the switch, and connected the two wires for the lights together and the lights came on. I would not recommend bypassing this switch, as it was meant to stop you or others from possibly burning your camper by putting it down with the lights on. He is currently waiting for a new switch to come and has disconnected the two wires. Hope this helps. Good luck.

I have a 2009 Flagstaff pop up. The motor that drives the winch needs maintenance each year or it can get bound up inside. This happened to mine, and it was so bound that the bolt that turns it manually broke off. Last week, just before we left for a trip to Yellowstone, a neighbor of mine removed the motor and created a work-around. He welded a socket to the middle of a metal flange as well as two bolts which fit into holes in the side of the 30-tooth gear on the winch. This tool is not permanently attached to the winch, it fits onto the gear with the bolts. He took less than an hour to figure out and create the whole fix. With a ratcheting socket wrench, I can turn the winch and lift the top in about 3-4 minutes. For now, a screw driver is used to stop the smaller gears in place so it doesn't unwind, but he says he can make a piece that will continually lock the gear from reversing.

My dad is an old motor/engine repair guy. He thinks the motor can be rebuilt with a little of his know-how. Otherwise, I'm told the new part will cost in the neighborhood of $400.

I know this is an older question but just in case someone else comes across
It; the overhead lights work on battery just like the winch does. Since both
we?re experiencing an issue I?d start there. Wire could be off the battery or
even on backwards.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leblanc77
Back
Top Bottom