no propane going to stove

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flyingmommy3

I bought a used 2007 Clipper Sport 116ST. I figured out how to turn on furnace. Made sure the pilot light was on. But have no idea how to make sure that my fridge is cooling or how to get propane going to the stove. Doesn't seem to be a secondary valve of any sort under the burner itself. I've tried holding it on "light" with a bbq lighter next to it (so I dont blow myself up)....am I missing a step?

When you open the propane tank's valve (at the tank) you have to do it slowly. If you open it too quickly, a safety valve will sometimes trip, and it will cut off the flow of LP gas to your appliances - hence... none of them will work.

If you're not getting LP gas to your fridge or stovetop burners, try closing the propane tank's valve, then slowly reopening it. If it's been a while since LP gas has been used, it may take a few minutes to get the gas through the lines.

Kev

If the furnace runs on propane, then you do NOT have to worry about the main propane tank valve - it is obviously working. Sometimes the stove has a separate regulator that might be defective, but many stove models do not.  If you could identify the make & model of stove and fridge, we could probably help more.

The fridge might have automatic spark ignition, but we need the make & model to figure that out.  Can probably find an owner manual for it as well once that info is known.  If it uses a pilot light, then there will typically be a "Light" position and a "Pilot" position.\ to use after lighting. Sounds like that's what you have. If tghere is any air in the LP lines, it can take a loooong time to get gas flowing so the pilot will light.

The Clipper Sport 116ST is a pop-up camper, right? 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom