Cleaning the tent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeNNRV

We need to clean the outside of the tent on our pop up.  After 4k miles this summer it has mud and dust, mulberry stains and some mildew stains left from previous owners.  I have been told if I don't use the correct cleaner I could cloud the plastic windows.
Most recently I was told that if I cleaned it I would have to spray it with waterproofing.
All experiences and suggestions are welcome.

Your Coleman is probably Sunbrella fabric. I use a soft bristle brush and Woolite as per the Sunbrella guide. I gently scrub the tenting with the Woolite and rinse with a pump sprayer. I let it dry for at least a day. Then to waterproof it, I use 303 Fabric Guard. Check the Sunbrella website for the exact name, because there are a lot of different 303 products. I tape off any vinyl (windows, bunk end roofs) to keep the 303 off- it can damage some vinyls. Spray on and let dry at least 12 hours before putting it away.
For the vinyl windows, I've used a product called Plexus that I got on Amazon. It's on the expensive side, but it works extremely well on the windows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom