Removing Decals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iheartvols

Anyone have suggestions on how to remove factory installed exterior decals that have started to peel off?

There's a a good video out there by a company that makes replacement decals and stripping. Can't recall name, but google should know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DpDnE2OiBg

I did it like this guy. Tried heat gun, tried spraying it, then figured just do it dry with a blade slow and careful. With a blade slow and steady is a good idea. That way you don't gouge the side. Then the sticky stuff left behind, best I found was Walmart Goof Off Pro Spray and Goof Off Graffiti Remover.

I assume you are going to paint or wrap it. The ghosting under the decals is next to impossible to match with the rest of the coach with compounding as it has been protected by the sun.

I used heat gun with ....... plastic razor blade. .......from ace hardware, worked great for me then had a place do the wrap thing that almost matched the orginal graphics so the ghosting is very minimal. .... very happy with it.

I peeled all mine off when I got the thing home from the dealer.  No sticky residue because the stickers were new.  Looks so much better without all that garbage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom