CAN I GET AN ANSWER??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FlyfisherBob

Why is this forum even here?? I have 38 views and NO answer......why??

I notice the other indivdual post have hundreds of views and maybe 3-4 replies.....really??

Isn't this forum here for  helping out folks????

Hello........

Whoooa! Settle down there.  It is most likely because folks who have read your question, may have either done so out of interest only, or because they simply did not have an answer to your question.

Slow down buddy.  Lots of people may read, but few may respond.  There are lots of reasons for that.  Dont take it personally.  Instead, go to your original post and rewrite it making the question simpler, post and see what happens.  Many times I see posts that make no sense when read.  Others may think it is OK, but again many others might see it differently.

I went back and replied to the original topic. My answer may be similar to others who read but did not reply to the thread.

kdbgoat said:
This:

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,107599.msg968005.html#msg968005
thanks. I mustve missed it.

Bob, sometimes we miss things or dont have an answer right away. For the most part, there is a helpful group here and hopefully you stick around.

Keep in mind that pop-up owners represent a relatively small sub-set of the RV owning population, both here on the forum and in the general public. Personally, I haven't owned a pop-up in about 40 years, so anything I knew about brands or models would be hopelessly out of date.

[quote author=FlyfisherBob]Why is this forum even here??[/quote]

It's primarily for the mutual sharing of knowledge between our members.

Isn't this forum here for  helping out folks?

That's one thing that happens here, but we don't have folks sitting at their PC or ipad waiting for someone to ask a question. We're all volunteers, not necessarily with answers to every question, but collectively we'll answer most questions. It's possible that one of our members can answer your question, but they may be offline for some reason. Ranting because you didn't get an answer won't get you very far.

Have you tried searching our huge message base (the Search button is in the menu above).

Meanwhile, I see that you've received a few responses, although they may not provide all the information you're looking for.

This is a 2-way street, and many of us have helped others in addition to getting help with our RV-related issues. Just curious, exactly how many questions have you answered for others here, and how much information have you shared?

kdbgoat said:
This:

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,107599.msg968005.html#msg968005

kdbgoat
I see 6 answers to those questions.

All caps is internet speak for yelling. Most people don't like to be yelled at, so a bit of honey would improve your overall situation.

Like the majority of those here, I don't have a pop up so I have no advice to give. I sometimes look at posts, but if I can't contribute, I don't respond. Personally I dislike responses that are "Gee, I don't have an answer. Good luck," So I don't do that to others. As Tom and others said, this forum is just a bunch of hobbyists with a common interest in RVs of various types. Sometimes people see a post and provide helpful information, sometimes they provide unhelpful information, and sometimes no information. It just goes with the territory. The vast majority of respondents give helpful information, but this _is_ the internet so you shouldn't take any of it as gospel.

Topics

Motorhomes 10,000
Winnebago    4600
RV/5ers          9200

23000 topics on RVs and Motorhomes vs. 600 topics on tent and popups. The overwhelming majority of us are not well informed about this type of camping so we have no good answer for you. .02% of us may know your questions and answers. I don't think it a slight for your question to be lightly answered. We just don't know. I ignored it because I have no clue as to how to guide you.

Yeah, yelling to get attention isn't always the best way.
And, as others have mentioned, not many popup owners here so you likely won't see too many replies to what you want exactly.
If you haven't already why not go over to the Jayco and/or Coachmen forums? You may get more direct answers and more info than you'd ever want at those forums.
http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f8/
http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f214/

Many folks on this forum are probably like me, and don't even subscribe to the Popup section. Obviously I can't respond if I don't see the post. But I don't know much about popups anyhow, nor normally care, which is why I don't subscribe to (therefore never see) that section. And your original post was yesterday morning, so a day or two before the first response isn't unusual for a question in a little used section.

And, as Tom says, we're all volunteers, not employees. Perhaps you'd benefit from learning a little more about what this forum actually is.

My last pop up camper was in 1967, and the last person who yelled at me and got a polite answer was my Drill Instructor  in 1963.

Sorry, can't help!

Hello FlyFisherBob,

I read your post but my DH (dear husband) and I have never owned a pop up so I didn't feel we could answer your questions. 

What caught my attention was the FlyFisher.  I'd be interested in learning where you fish and for what.  There are several people who fly fish on the forum however that's a different topic.

Please don't give up on us.  Not many own pop ups but perhaps we can answer other questions you might have. 

I was probably one of those who viewed the post but had no reply to post.  I could have wasted your time and mine with a post stating I had nothing to post,I suppose.  Often I will look at posts just to see if I might learn something new but I have no useful reply.  I suspect I am not the only one. Now,when you calm down,we can have juice and cookies.

Something else. The topic is "Looking to buy" Normally I will not even read such a thread for one very simple reason.

I used to sell paint.. We had hundreds, if not thousands of colors.. Often people bought paint I thought "I would never paint ANYTHING that color"..  I see the same when going down the road  "I would not want to be caught DEAD in a car that color. Or alive"...

So I'm not going to give you my opinion (Not that I have one of the trailers you are looking at) because MY standards may well be different than yours.

now other threads.. Well in some areas I'm rated "Expert" so if your thread title (Subject) is in those areas.. I am going to look..... Now I may not post.. but if I don't it us uaually because someone like Gary beat me to it. and saved me the typing

Also, only been one day.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chaderic
Back
Top Bottom