CAN I GET AN ANSWER??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry, Bob. I humbly apologize for not responding promptly to your inquiry.  I did not realize that membership here obligated me to watch for your posts and research answers for you.

I saw your question on the RV.Net and here.
I own a pop up and had another one twenty years ago.
I have often wondered how to repair the cable if it broke, but I don't have a clue how, so I didn't answer your question.
If you get the answer, please post it so I'll know how

Jack L

I read and search topics about 99% more than I ever post, however:

If any original poster is seeking input I would REALLY like to read in their initial post something like "I have exhausted all leads" or "I have searched and searched this site, or ? sites, and cannot find the answer to my question." instead of relying on the forum to do his/her homework for them. When it is apparent the OP has already READ his owners manual, engine manual etc, I am more likely to help someone who has already shown some initiative and did some of their own homework before posting questions.

Thanks to all that replied......I know, I know that I was acting a little jerky and pushy to say the least!! I learned my lesson and am know eating my "humble pie" with a drink of gratitude to wash it down......

But, I did get 24 replies rather quickly  :-\

Life Goes On,
Bob  ;)

Glad to see you're still hanging around, Bob! Keep in mind that there are parts of pop-ups, such as the appliances, that are common to other RV types as well, so posting problems with those will likely get a much better response than a pop-up specific question. Of course posting those questions in a more general area here will also reach a broader audience.

NY_Dutch said:
Glad to see you're still hanging around, Bob! Keep in mind that there are parts of pop-ups, such as the appliances, that are common to other RV types as well, so posting problems with those will likely get a much better response than a pop-up specific question. Of course posting those questions in a more general area here will also reach a broader audience.

Thanks NYD......good info!

Tom said:
It's primarily for the mutual sharing of knowledge between our members.

That's one thing that happens here, but we don't have folks sitting at their PC or ipad waiting for someone to ask a question. We're all volunteers, not necessarily with answers to every question, but collectively we'll answer most questions. It's possible that one of our members can answer your question, but they may be offline for some reason. Ranting because you didn't get an answer won't get you very far.

Have you tried searching our huge message base (the Search button is in the menu above).

Meanwhile, I see that you've received a few responses, although they may not provide all the information you're looking for.

This is a 2-way street, and many of us have helped others in addition to getting help with our RV-related issues. Just curious, exactly how many questions have you answered for others here, and how much information have you shared?

Thanks for your input Tom.....

Keep up the good work!  ;)

[quote author=FlyfisherBob]Keep up the good work![/quote]

Been visiting here multiple times daily for 23 years, and have no plans to stop  ;)

MN Blue Skies said:
What caught my attention was the FlyFisher.  I'd be interested in learning where you fish and for what.

Moved Bob's response to our Fishing board here.

Sorry - Have been busy trying to raise my two kids and with my wife's and my full time job we don't have a lot of spare time.  PM me for a direct line and I can get back to you quicker.  I'll try to answer on the first ring even if I have to put my aging mother on hold.

FlyfisherBob said:
Why is this forum even here?? I have 38 views and NO answer......why??

I notice the other indivdual post have hundreds of views and maybe 3-4 replies.....really??

Isn't this forum here for  helping out folks????

Hello........

I don't understand you issue. I looked at the post in which you asked a question, and saw quite few responses.
A lot of people here probably saw your question and though "I don't know much about that." so they chose not to respond.
That is probably a good thing.

C'mon, guys.  Flyfisher Bob has already apologized for his original post.  No sense pounding away.

Back
Top Bottom