HELP CLASS B SHORE POWER ISSUE 220/110

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

landlordy

I'm sick over this. I just got a 1997 born free 4x4 class b and I camped the first night and shore power worked perfect. I brought it home and found my shed actually had a 30amp plug so i plugged in so i could use the ac while i worked on it but noticed it didnt move to "ac connected". Long story short it was a 220 in my shed from the former owner having a welder. I unplugged and converted the plug to a proper 110 30amp and it still does not go to "ac connected", however everything else still works (lights, outlets, microwave, tv) on dc. I flipped the main breakers and it didnt work. So it doesnt seem I fried everthing but it does seem like I fried something. My first rv (upgrade from van) and ive owned it for about 3 days im so bummed. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Welcome to The RV Forum!

The most likely point of failure is the DC converter that powers the lights and charges the battery when you're plugged into shore power.  If it fried, your lights, etc. are running on battery power.

Or you may be lucky and have a surge protector or power management system in the RV, and if the 30 amp outlet isn't putting out 110 volts it may still be rejecting that power.

Before going too much further, try using a 20 amp adapter and plug the rig into a standard wall socket that you're sure is 110 volts and see if the rig accepts that power.

Ok thanks Lou I'll try that. My rv is equipped w the heart interface freedom 10 which has a power management system, but i am just learning about it now. Thanks for your help

She is def not accepting the power. I fear you are right and I friend my charging system. My rv has an inverter/ charger not converter/ charger if that means anything different. I have been told on another forum to check the breakers for signs of burning so I am going to do that when i get home and report back. thanks everyone

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom