Antenna

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WA2YLY

Hi All
This is wa2yly.Last week i setup my hustler 80 mtr resonator on a hustler 54"mast attached to ladder.was not very successful.noise levels at campground were 59+ all of the time.Im thinking about using a 30ft telescopic mast now.Rig is icom 706mk2g. I'm
wondering what ant most of you use?I have been looking at screwdriver ant,but there expensive.73 bob

I tried a Tarheel on the ladder. It became a pain to hook up and take down since a ladder was needed to attach/remove the whip, coax, ground straps and control cable. You could avoid that if you do a permanent install of all the wiring, but I was reluctant to drill holes in the endcap or roof. Unless you went with a tilting assembly you would still need to detach the whip for travel. John Canfield has done a nice Tarheel install with an electric lift and lay base mounted on the roof where he once had a satellite dish. He can tell you of his performance.

I am now using a vertical by TN07 mounted to the towbar. It is similar to an Eagle one, but with a better mast and removable wire element. This is a 31.5' vertical, and I have a 35' wire attached to the tip running forward to a 20' crappie pole to create an inverted L. This is easier to set up since both feet remain on the ground, and performs better than the Tarheel. This still requires time and effort, so I only set up on extended stays.

Back
Top Bottom