installing large mudflap on 2013 Winnebago Adventurer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kratcliffe

We just purchased a Winnebago Adventurer and I ordered an Ultra Guard 96" by  20" mudflap. Thought it would be easy to install but upon looking at the chassis I noticed that I do not have a continuous frame member to attach it to plus the hitch is squarely in the middle of where I thought I would install it. Has anyone had a similar experience? Any installation suggestions?

I looked at doing this for my Suncruiser and decided that it would be easier and more effective to use a Roadmaster Tow Defender instead, especially since I am almost always towing my dinghy when traveling in my RV.  What was your key reason for ordering this?

Joel  A friend has a Winnebago Sightseer and I looked at the chassis of his vehicle and it had a continuous frame member from one side to the other. It was an easy install.  I assumed that the Adventurer had one too until I took the time to look underneath it and found it was constructed quite differently.

Just get a piece of 1-1/4" angle iron from Home Depot and bolt it to the RV frame then bolt the mud flap to it.

John Canfield said:
I should have taken off my full width flap and thrown it away 12 years ago. As far as I can tell, it does nothing useful.
'

On my first trip with where I flat towed I destroyed my windshield and somehow forgot to put an adequate comprehensive coverage in place to cover this loss.  After reading this forum, I came to the conclusion that a mudflap was not going to help protect my windshield so I have taken 3 steps:  1.  Roadmaster Tow Defender, 2. Windshield cover, 3. better comprehensive coverage (primarily for when I am not towing my CMax).

I did take mine off. I think it's still on the rack of our older Jeep where I put it when I finally got fed up and removed the damn thing at a rest stop! ;D

Ernie

Our old TJ was getting peppered by the MH, even to the point I would pick rocks out of the hood seam and air intake of the Jeep.  I figured I needed a guard or some kind of tow net on the hitch, but then one day after reading about the mudflaps here I just dropped that mudflap and stuck it in the basement.  No more issues.  I don't feel the need anything else, even with our new jeep.

We have a full length solid mud flap on our Adventurer and are very happy with it. It's attached up close to the rear wheels and no dings on our toad.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom