Atwood Hydro Flame # 2540 Furnace Filter in Glendale?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Metalman RVer

Back again with another question on the Glendale.....this afternoon I took the metal grill off under the fridge to expose the furnace & I was surprised to not find a filter behind the grill.  Is that grill for the return air?  I hunted around the RV for a while for evidence of a filter & do not see any.  Am I missing something or is there no filter on these furnaces? Took the access panel off on the outside of the unit too.....none there either.

metalman55 said:
Back again with another question on the Glendale.....this afternoon I took the metal grill off under the fridge to expose the furnace & I was surprised to not find a filter behind the grill.  Is that grill for the return air?  I hunted around the RV for a while for evidence of a filter & do not see any.  Am I missing something or is there no filter on these furnaces? Took the access panel off on the outside of the unit too.....none there either.

That grill is probably the cold air return. The furnace outlets will be the floor registers. There are no filters.

The furnace itself has no air inlet filter. A few RV makers have placed filters in the path leading to the furnace air intake (side of furnace), so you could build a frame and add one if you like. Generally they are not needed simply because most of them don't run enough to pass a lot of dust, but those that are used often or are in dusty environments might benefit from having a filter. Keeps the dust out of the outlet ducts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom