Bad news Good news

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John From Detroit

The bad news: I have a water leak and I finally located it.. (Fresh water) The water heater

The Good news... I also got a Good Sam RV Repair plan in place so guess .. I should be covered.. I think that is a specified item.

Can you tell if it's the actual tank, or one of the connections?  Sometimes those connections are pretty easy repairs.  But if you have the ESP with no deductible, might as well let them come and fix it.  Assuming that the leak is not constant/ongoing, with the potential to cause water damage.

Please let us know how well Good Sam stands behind their repair plan since i have been considering such a thing. Insurance is only as good as the commitment to honor it when needed.

At this time I can't tell if tank or hidden connections. The 'Back side' (inside the house side) of the Tank is covered in styrofoam insulation (Dang Speil check said I got it on the 1st try).  and the Dripping is from that.. I have NOT had a freeze since.. Well a long time ago and the water heater was "HOT" when that happened.. The leak is recent so I will wait to check farther till I call Good Sam on the Morrow and verify and see if I can have Rachel do it or if I have to go to CW.

For now.. Bypassed.. I won't be needing hot water for a few days and I can heat externally when I do.

If it is any type of corrosion on it they will deny it. . . . Been there done that

What brand and model WH is it?

If they disallow the claim and everything on the WH works OK (except formthenleak) look for a replacement tank.  Once you get the WH out you'll see how easy it is to take apart and replace parts.  I've seen 10Gl tanks for just over $100.

Back
Top Bottom