Do You Use Your RV for Anything Other Than RV'ing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The wife and I have used our 28'3" Bullet lite for elk hunting for the last two years. Prior to that, we used our 24' 99 Prowler lite for elk, deer and turkey hunting. It was GREAT having a bed to sleep in after hunting all day.

cbkb98 said:
The wife and I have used our 28'3" Bullet lite for elk hunting for the last two years. Prior to that, we used our 24' 99 Prowler lite for elk, deer and turkey hunting. It was GREAT having a bed to sleep in after hunting all day.

Out of all the wild game (deer, bear, caribou, reindeer, armadillo, squirrel, rabbit, coon, and elk) elk was my favorite. It was like the best pot roast I had ever had.

catblaster said:
    Like oldgator73, I keep the fridge and the AC on all the time, the fridge is stocked with beer and the RV makes a great place to relax during beers. Beside the RV we have our fire pit and during college football season the outside TV is on so we can see who the Gators are beating or who the Noles are losing to.

Well, it is 9:30 now so the cold of night has descended on South Texas. Its only 92 now ;D If I ran my AC and fridge at my house all the time I figure it would cost me about 150 bucks a month or so extra on my electric bill. Ran it for about 8 days last month from the dedicated 30 Amp in my garage. Not doing that again. $420.00 electric bill when it is usually $300 bucks in July.

We use our motorhome for traveling and for camping. Besides that, I do around a dozen antique radio swap meets and Hamfests here in the Northeast in the spring and fall. We pull an enclosed trailer that carries the motorcycles and canoe/kayaks for camping and then switch to hauling antiques when doing the shows. RV is great as I pick the shows where I can park right where I set up for the shows and swap meets. Handy having your own kitchen, bed and bathroom right there.

Attachments

• show-setup2017.jpg
    show-setup2017.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 22
HappyWanderer said:
Our motorhome, AKA winter storage facility, is where our son and friends would hang out and sleep over. They could play video games all night and not keep us awake. It was our source of electricity and refrigeration following hurricanes Irene and Sandy. It's been used as a guest house for numerous visiting family and friends, and as a mobile office at Relay For Life.

Its most unusual non-camping use was following the Sandy Hook school shooting. Some of the victims were from our hometown, and the police were looking for a way to give the families a break from the crowds and media attending the wakes. We parked the motorhome in back of the funeral home so the families could slip out the back door and into privacy. We brought Disney movies for the kids to watch and they had a place to nap.
:)) :))  God Bless you.

Back in the '70s we had a mini motorhome (now called a class C) and, among other things, used it to go to the drive-in movies. We'd park in the back row, and have coffee, popcorn, etc. (no microwave, no inverter, no genny) right there. And best of all, at our kids' bedtime we'd put them to bed in the over cab bed, while we finished watching the movie. We also would go up in the Sandias, sightseeing and picknicking, and it made a wonderful base for that, while we wandered a little in the woods and even had a playpen set up for our youngest.

With our current class A, it recently served as an escape for me from a very high noise level. Our oldest son and his kids were visiting, and they decided to watch a movie (not one I could enjoy), and they had the sound way high, so I slipped out to the motorhome, put out a slide, and had a comfortable, quiet place to read and relax.

The class A fridge was also a help this last weekend, as the freezer went out in the stick house fridge, so we put all the freezer stuff in the motorhome fridge (a little in the garage freezer, but it was already pretty full).

I love having our trailer (and our previous motorhome) parked right outside the S&B house in our secondary driveway.  We had a 30A plug wired onto the side of our extra garage a few years ago, so the rig is plugged into full RV power all the time.

We just returned from our camping vacation to Lake Michigan last week, and are currently having various floors and doors replaced on the ground floor of our house.  The living room, kitchen, dining room, and downstairs bathroom are all out of commission.  Sure is nice to have the trailer fully connected outside, still mostly loaded (with food and other stuff) from vacation, and we've been spending several hours per day there while the household remodeling is being completed.

I use my RV as an office... and I sleep and live in it too.

It's also the dog house, but he let's me share it.

Sometimes I let him drive.

Attachments

• suicidal-squirrel.jpg
    suicidal-squirrel.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 31
  • passenger-seat.JPG
    passenger-seat.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 32
If I would have owned an RV back when the kids were younger, I would have used it at their sporting events. It would have been nice to hang out between games and escape the weather. I will have to wait until the grand kids come along.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=serenity

Mine holds dreams and peace.  It is always far away from work and peaceful except for the occasional time it goes a rockin. ::) ::)

Back
Top Bottom