Just for fun.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sam Bar

I saw a family pull into our campground, pulling, an Airstream, at least 27- 29 feet long. Their TV, was, an Audi, SUV?  Another case of the dealer, saying, sure, your car can handle it? It would be a lot to handle for my Tundra.  The Tv was dragging it's butt on th ground. Even with their WDH, in place.
Kind of scary!

Intelligence has its' limits.  Stupidity has no such limits.  Enough money / credit to buy an Audi and an Airstream does not change this rule.

An Audi Q7 could get away with towing a 20-foot Airstream... maybe... but nothing bigger than that.

So, what's the problem? I tow our 36' triple slide TT with our Minnie Cooper.

I should have said in my earlier post the Minnie Cooper does have a Cummins Diesel.

Oldgator73 said:
I should have said in my earlier post the Minnie Cooper does have a Cummins Diesel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YL7pURth3o

http://www.minimania.com/Specs_and_Pictures_of_Twin_Engined_Cooper_S_1134

Oldgator73 said:

This is actual film of me trying to get the TT uphill:

https://youtu.be/ilKq7WsuzMU

Maybe with the help of the 3 cyclists pedaling like mad and the Yugo you can get it up the hill.

I'm curious whether you had a tactful discussion with the driver.  I wonder if they were making a short one-shot trip, aware that the rig was marginal at best, or if they were just starting on a 6-month tour of the USA, unaware that they should be planning on what truck they should buy when the engine or transmission goes.

Earlier this year, I saw many trailers in Germany and the UK being towed by sedans.  I believe that they just set lower standards for what it takes to tow comfortably, and perhaps safely.  I wish I had tried to find out how heavy the trailers were.  In two weeks in Germany, I saw TWO pickups, F150s, and they weren't towing.  I did see a few more pickups in the UK, but proportionally it was probably about 3% of what one sees in the USA.

Oldgator73 said:
So, what's the problem? I tow our 36' triple slide TT with our Minnie Cooper.
Mini Coopers are more capable than you think!  ;)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 3.38.38 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 3.38.38 PM.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 23
Hey I towed both of my Trailers with. Well one 4-Door Sedan one hatchback and one Maxi Van'
Apache PUP and Scamp (13') both small enough they did NOT require aux brakes by law.

Driving through the gorge on 84 today, I passed a hummer towing a longish TT. He was struggling at about 50 mph, the TT kept wagging and hed have to slow down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom