trip route hwy 12 Lodi ca to I-80

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

road house

Has anyone traveled  Hwy 12 from I-5 at Lodi Ca. westbound to I-80, then I-80 south to Hwy 37 west on to 101N? Is it a decent route, road wise, traffic, ect  with a 35ft class A towing a CRV?

It's been a few years since we took that route with a motorhome towing an SUV, but it's a decent road. The worst part is Hwy 12 between I-5 and Rio Vista - a 2-lane road that gets a lot of head-on accidents due to crazy drivers. Also, a couple of bridges that open for boats. How far north on Hwy 101 are you going?

We are heading up to Eureka but don't want to go through San Fran.  Depending on how hot it is we could go north to Hwy 20  and go west around Clear Lake to 101.

Find the town of Winters and Hwy 128 West over the coastal range to Hwy 101. It's a nice, scenic road that avoids traffic, but lots of curves. We used to live in Winters and took 128 West to friends in Santa Rosa and Napa.

One way to get to 128 is I5 North to 113 South (Woodland) to 128 West.

Your Hwy 12 route would be flat and easier.

... don't want to go through San Fran.

Smart move, although many do it.

I haven't driven further north than Clear Lake, so the advice of others is welcome.

I just drove from Fremont CA to Ferndale CA yesterday. My first time driving thru CA. So I wanted to go up thru Napa Valley and wine country north of there. Took 680 north and 12 over to 128 to 101N. Lots of up and down. A lot of rough sections and also bouncy sections (sorry, not sure what else to call it). Also a couple one lane road sections on 101, although I hit them pretty well so didn't have to wait too long. The worst thing is there is hardly anywhere to pull over. If you want to stop for photo or a break. I had planned to stop at Lake Mendocino for 3 days at one of the COE parks. Both of the campgrounds with hookups were closed (wasn't noted on their website).  It was way too hot to not have hooks so ended up driving on to Ferndale. A long day of driving for me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sandlers
Back
Top Bottom