My 2004 newmar mountain aire, rough ride.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dean McAninch

My 2004 newmar has a rough ride, can feel every crack or bump. Has anyone put air bags over the axial to get a smoother ride. Or possibly found another solution for this situation.

This problem happens a lot here and it is almost always the fact the tires are massively over inflated. You need to get your rig weighed and then set the tire pressure to the recommendations of the tire manufacturer for your weight and tire size.

What chassis? Does it have Blistein shocks?  Some say Bilstein shocks are too aggressive, and deliver a harsh ride. Air pressure, like Tom said is the FIRST thing to do.  That will make a huge difference.

Tire pressure and shocks were going to be my guess too.  Koni's used to be the shock of choice when trading out the OE shocks.  But they have done away with their previous line and replaced it with a newer version, which has not had very good reviews. 

I'm guessing you have the gas chassis MountainAire rather than diesel, since the diesel already has air suspension.  The gas model uses a Workhorse chassis and GM 8.1L engine. Can you confirm that, and whether the chassis is a W22 or W24?

What have you done so far to validate the tire pressure vs weight? That's the first step in ride quality.

Back
Top Bottom