Water heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dale P

I have a 2018 Sunstar. When I turn on the gas water heater there is a loud humming sound that is heard through the external speakers. No noise when heater is off. Any suggestions before I contact dealer? Thanks

Turn it on in LP gas mode or DSI electric?  Neither should cause any interference, but inquiring minds like to know these things...

Obviously the heater should be silent and there should be no interference on audio system speakers. Take it back to the dealer.

Welcome! Is it one of the water heater on-demand types that Winnebago is using in some units or do you have a traditional storage tank? Is it propane only or propane and electric?

This is a Suburban gas water heater. I will be contacting the dealer soon. Just looking for possible ideas before calling.

Hmmm.. My hypothesis is the speaker wires are acting as an antenna to radio frequency generated by the control board on the water heater. Having said that, I really can't imagine that happening  ??? . I have had experience with speaker wires rectifying strong RF signals (I'm a ham radio op and it's a bit complex) but it's difficult to imagine the water heater control board doing that. This would be really fascinating to troubleshoot.

Back
Top Bottom