TV install

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sheckelman

Buying a Class A soon. We have TV's in the house we are interested in mounting in the RV. Is it possible and how intensive is the process?

How easy it will be will depend largely on the existing mounting of the 'to be replaced' TV and the make on models of the proposed RV. Until you have those details, not much advise will be possible. If your real question is "will a house TV work?" the answer is Yes, in most cases the 'house' TV and those used in motor homes and trailers are identical.

Thanks for the info. That's what I wanted to know about "house tv's " Thanks again

You may find one already there.. How hard depends on where you put it and what is there now.

For example.. I upgraded my MAIN tv from Analog to a new Digital capable wide screen. .. Here is how I did it'
I removed the face trimn (4 screws) Measured trhe width (overall) of the ORIGINAL Toshiba.  Found a Dynex at a Pawn shop that was EXACTLY the same width (Plus or minus too little to measure)

Unscrewed some brackets. Pululled it out and removed wires and cables and such,  Removed the brackets and measuring carefully added them to the DYNEX.. Installed (Re-attaching cables and such) and ..Noticing a strip along the bottom that was open and looked nasty first modified the box (Shortened it all woodwork) and then added a 4" wide strip of black (Gorilla) tape to fillin the remaining gap.. IT looks very nice from where I"m sitting (In front of it) .

ON some RV's the TV basically sits on a shelf.

On some brackets are much harder to find.

And if the RV is new enough, or has been upgraded.. You already have them

I put in an articulating wall mount in my bedroom for a 28 inch TV. It's terrific, I can adjust the angle of the screen perfectly for whether I am lying down or sitting up with a pile of pillows.

In my small living area, I have a smaller flat TV mounted on the table with a computer display stand that goes up and down and rotates to any position. It's terrific. I can aim it perfectly for the kitchen or the dining booth or the built in club chairs.

RV designers should sit up and pay attention. In other RV's, I have not seen the flexibility my TV's have for viewing and stowing.

The table mount one pictured is at this link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003L171KW

The articulating wall mount is here:
https://www.amazon.com/Mount-Articulating-Displays-Capacity-EXTENSION/dp/B01DAMSTNO/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1502331096&sr=8-19&keywords=articulating+tv+wall+mount

Attachments

• clamps-to-table-surface.jpg
    clamps-to-table-surface.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 4
  • articulating-wall-mount.jpg
    articulating-wall-mount.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom