EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: UT Hwy 95  (Read 389 times)

Bbbriggs

• ---
UT Hwy 95
« on: October 19, 2017, 10:51:43 PM »
Went this route on the way from New Mexico and Washington State. Will be going back there next year to boondock. There is a lot of BLM land between Natural Bridges and the Hite Marina. I spotted several boondocking honey holes on the way. I would see 3-4 rvís and Travel trailers pulled off a half mile off the highway in several places. The dirt roads are mostly soft sand. OK when dry but if it rains you are almost certain to get stuck. Very scenic and in the fall not too hot. I just canít get enough of this area.

Frank B

• ---
Re: UT Hwy 95
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 01:31:48 PM »
Probably a lovely place for summer travelers, but a tad cool for snowbirds like ourselves.  Thanks for mentioning it, however. Who knows, we might be able to go sometime during the warmer months.
Linux:  Free, open, elegant.
06 GMC 3500 Duramax crew/long pulling 2010 Arctic Fox 30U with 1700 lb Reese Titan Class 5.
1.2 kw solar

taoshum

• ---
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 10:14:58 PM »
It's a great place to explore with scenery that it's hard to believe in many places...amazing.  Incidentally, our experience with unpaved roads has been just the opposite... if the road is really sandy, some moisture will make the sand more firm, not less, in fact loose sand leads to problems often.  If the road is more clay than sand, you'll likely get stuck (or worse) if it rains.  Check out the Ut State Pk just north of Hanksville... great departure point for exploring the big reef.
07 Itasca Meridian 34SH.  '08 Jeep Sahara.
Taos, NM.

AStravelers

• ---
  • Part time travelers, 4-8 months each year.
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 06:28:18 PM »
Probably a lovely place for summer travelers, but a tad cool for snowbirds like ourselves.  Thanks for mentioning it, however. Who knows, we might be able to go sometime during the warmer months.
Summer is fairly warm.  April, May and early June, along with September through late October is best.  It is a great place to boondock. 
Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R
2009 Chevy Colorado 4X4

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

Hosted by Over The Network