EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Leave No Trace!  (Read 1316 times)

Oldgator73

• ---
Re: Leave No Trace!
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2017, 02:52:21 PM »
Just watched your video. Looks like you had a great time. Beautiful country. Did you take your son-in-law along for muscle? Looks like he can handle himself.
2016 Winnebago Winnie Drop
2016 Nissan Frontier 4x4 Crew Cab
Air Force Retired
It's not the weight of the load, it's how you carry it.

blw2

• ---
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2017, 05:08:48 AM »
Just getting back into it myself.  It has been many years since I did any backpacking and canoe camping.  It all of a sudden dawned on me that I am getting older and I better not keep putting this off to tomorrow.  I posted the link to a short 6 day, 5 night trip I just took with my son-in-law on the RVForum but here it is again.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wh_zxykPM8  I am planning in a week or two to take a solo trip 5 day, 4 night trip to the Michigan Mio area. 

While on the last trip shared camp with six wonderful women.  They are all friends and get together once a year backpacking.  I would guess they were 60-65ish.  They all had what I would consider the best and latest equipment.  As one said; she wants to keep doing this and as she gets older and best and LIGHTEST equipment really makes it all do able as we age.  Inspired,  I have just replaced my pack, sleeping bag and sleeping pad and shed a good 7 pounds.

Hope you enjoy getting back into backpacking.

Nice spot!  I only skipped through your video, in a hurry to get to work..... but looks like a great trip!
I see you have a solo stove.  Like it? 
I love the idea of something like that, but in the vain of your point about getting light, I recently bought a little BRS stove from amazon.  Less than $20 for a super ultralight way to heat water or warm some food.  I also recently got a zpacks arc blast pack.  Unbelievably light.....but expensive!  My last major thing to get is a lighter tent.  I have one suitable, but figure this older body can benefit from lighter weights....
Brad (DW + 3 kids)
13 Thor Chateau 31L Class C on Ford E-450
'06 Silverado
'05 Rockwood Freedom 1910 (5-1/2 years)
former tent campers

Len and Jo

• ---
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2017, 02:39:46 PM »
Nice spot!  I only skipped through your video, in a hurry to get to work..... but looks like a great trip!
I see you have a solo stove.  Like it? 
I love the idea of something like that, but in the vain of your point about getting light, I recently bought a little BRS stove from amazon.  Less than $20 for a super ultralight way to heat water or warm some food.  I also recently got a zpacks arc blast pack.  Unbelievably light.....but expensive!  My last major thing to get is a lighter tent.  I have one suitable, but figure this older body can benefit from lighter weights....
I have a Huba one persom MSR tent, about 3.3 lbs.  IF I was doing it over again I might consider the Huba Huba two person tent, about 0.5 lbs heavier but twice the floor space.  Very easy to add weight.  A little extra here and a little extra there and all of a sudden you have added several pounds.
Len & Jo
The Green Tardis
We 'B' RVing   Berkley, Michigan
Van Development:   https://youtu.be/5Xqk_G6k95M
12 Years of Travels:  https://youtu.be/UMIf17CzdZo

Hosted by Over The Network