EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Leave No Trace!  (Read 1613 times)

Oldgator73

Re: Leave No Trace!
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2017, 02:52:21 PM »
Just watched your video. Looks like you had a great time. Beautiful country. Did you take your son-in-law along for muscle? Looks like he can handle himself.

blw2

• ---
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2017, 05:08:48 AM »
Just getting back into it myself.  It has been many years since I did any backpacking and canoe camping.  It all of a sudden dawned on me that I am getting older and I better not keep putting this off to tomorrow.  I posted the link to a short 6 day, 5 night trip I just took with my son-in-law on the RVForum but here it is again.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wh_zxykPM8  I am planning in a week or two to take a solo trip 5 day, 4 night trip to the Michigan Mio area. 

While on the last trip shared camp with six wonderful women.  They are all friends and get together once a year backpacking.  I would guess they were 60-65ish.  They all had what I would consider the best and latest equipment.  As one said; she wants to keep doing this and as she gets older and best and LIGHTEST equipment really makes it all do able as we age.  Inspired,  I have just replaced my pack, sleeping bag and sleeping pad and shed a good 7 pounds.

Hope you enjoy getting back into backpacking.

Nice spot!  I only skipped through your video, in a hurry to get to work..... but looks like a great trip!
I see you have a solo stove.  Like it? 
I love the idea of something like that, but in the vain of your point about getting light, I recently bought a little BRS stove from amazon.  Less than $20 for a super ultralight way to heat water or warm some food.  I also recently got a zpacks arc blast pack.  Unbelievably light.....but expensive!  My last major thing to get is a lighter tent.  I have one suitable, but figure this older body can benefit from lighter weights....
Brad (DW + 3 kids)
13 Thor Chateau 31L Class C on Ford E-450
'06 Silverado
'05 Rockwood Freedom 1910 (5-1/2 years)
former tent campers

Len and Jo

• ---
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2017, 02:39:46 PM »
Nice spot!  I only skipped through your video, in a hurry to get to work..... but looks like a great trip!
I see you have a solo stove.  Like it? 
I love the idea of something like that, but in the vain of your point about getting light, I recently bought a little BRS stove from amazon.  Less than $20 for a super ultralight way to heat water or warm some food.  I also recently got a zpacks arc blast pack.  Unbelievably light.....but expensive!  My last major thing to get is a lighter tent.  I have one suitable, but figure this older body can benefit from lighter weights....
I have a Huba one persom MSR tent, about 3.3 lbs.  IF I was doing it over again I might consider the Huba Huba two person tent, about 0.5 lbs heavier but twice the floor space.  Very easy to add weight.  A little extra here and a little extra there and all of a sudden you have added several pounds.
Len & Jo
The Green Tardis
We 'B' RVing   Berkley, Michigan
Van Development:   https://youtu.be/5Xqk_G6k95M
12 Years of Travels:  https://youtu.be/UMIf17CzdZo

Hosted by Over The Network