Campgrounds near Fredericksburg, Va.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdbgoat

Does anyone here have any recommendations for campgrounds near Fredericksburg or Stafford Va.? Preferably West of I95, full hook-ups not needed, but would like to have at least 30 amp electric.

I recently did a search of campgrounds in that area, and ended up making reservations at Lake Anna state park in Spotsylvania. We're not going until July of next year, so I can't say firsthand what it's actually like. The campground got good reviews, but the public beach area not so much.

I was looking at private campgrounds, but didn't really see anything. There are numerous state parks in that area.

Have a look at Pohick Bay Regional Park. I looked long and hard in the Stafford area and settled on that. Didn't end up staying there because we had to cancel the trip, but sounded nice.

Sun2Retire said:
Have a look at Pohick Bay Regional Park. I looked long and hard in the Stafford area and settled on that. Didn't end up staying there because we had to cancel the trip, but sounded nice.
I can second Pohick Bay, but it's on the east side of 95. We stay there when we're in the NoVa/DC area. Sites are very wooded and plenty of room between sites. Lots to do there. No wifi. About 20 minutes to D.C, 30 minutes to Stafford and 45 minutes to Fredricksburg if you catch the traffic right.

Thanks for the replies, but that's still 45 minutes from where I need to be.

Has anyone stayed at Aquia Pines Camp Resort, near Stafford? That one is only 20 minutes from my destination.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom