Anyone Tow a T Trailer with the Dodge Eco-diesel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bill dean

Been looking at 1/2 ton trucks. They seem to have near the payload of my Dodge 2500 at 1880 lbs. The eco-diesel sure gets a lot better mileage and rides like a dream compared to my 2500. I drove one today and was somewhat impressed. Its at least 10 more miles to the gallon. Does any one tow a 25 foot T trailer with one? Seem as its doable but I know everyone will let me know the truth about its towing capability. It certainly is not a Cummins but its half the size.

You need to run the numbers for the truck payload and tow rating vs the trailer tongue weight and GVWR.  Don't expect that great mpg when towing, though.

I believe the Eco diesel has the lowest payload of all half ton trucks.

Seen a couple in the last two years.  Mostly pulling 20 foot and under trailers?

keymastr said:
I believe the Eco diesel has the lowest payload of all half ton trucks.

I believe your right. The best I have seen is 1100 lbs. One was 910 lbs. I have also understood they quit making them because of emission problems. Looking else where now.

I have the Ram 1500 with the Pentastar V-6 which we use to tow our TT. Payload cap is 1482lbs
as equipped from factory. My tonque weight runs between 600 - 700 lbs. With jut the wife, myself
and 2 cats we are never over our capacity. The Eco Diesels list the factory propaganda of 1500lbs
payload cap. Not sure what the equipped #'s look like but it seems like you are checking the door
pillar's labels so you will have a better idea. .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom