Sunstar fresh water and dump hose sharing the same opening

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dnoonan172

We are newbies just finished our first trip.  One design flaw (I think) in our Winnebago Sunstar VE 29 is the fresh water hose has to pass thru the same opening as as the dump hose. 
Am I missing something or should I reroute the freshwater connection outside this box?  Do not want to contaminate our fresh water hose by having it come into contact with any spillage from the black or gray water tanks when disconnecting the large hose.

Same setup as our Horizon, we've been on the road for 115,000 miles and we've never has a contamination issue. What I do is pull out the sewer hose, get it in the sewer pipe and then pull the water hose (we have a reel) and square it away. If it really concerns you, carry a spray bottle of diluted bleach solution and spray the area.

dnoonan172 said:
We are newbies just finished our first trip.  One design flaw (I think) in our Winnebago Sunstar VE 29 is the fresh water hose has to pass thru the same opening as as the dump hose. 
Am I missing something or should I reroute the freshwater connection outside this box? Do not want to contaminate our fresh water hose by having it come into contact with any spillage from the black or gray water tanks when disconnecting the large hose.

dnoonan172
You can simply disconnect the water hose and put it away before you disconnect the sewer hose.
(However if you have "spillage" when you disconnect the large hose you are doing something wrong).

The whole MH wet bay system is weird to me too.  Our freshwater filter is on the black side of the bay.  Seems they should be completely separate, but maybe I'm just used to a 5th wheel.

All my sewer and fresh water connections are in the same bay. We're still alive after 13 years this way so I suggest you'll be just fine.

How to make a signature for your RV so we can serve you better.

1. Click "Profile" button towards the top of the screen.

2. Scroll down a ways and select "Modify Profile"

3. Select Forum Profile

4. Fill it out and click on "Change profile".

Back
Top Bottom