locations Canada/USA rockies/okanagan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmorrison

OK I know this is a longshot but any suggestions for dry camping in the rockies and okanagan? I'm on the coast and want to make my way east.
Prefer free spots that don't need a reservation and I don't mind the long gravel roads

There are no 'free' spots in the national parks. As far as the Okanagan goes, you can grab a few hours sleep in pull outs but don't expect to set up camp.

There are many free places to boondock on the yellowhead highway, at least for a night or two, rest stops, old work yards,  They are not advertised , may have to share with the local wildlife :)

Not sure how far south you intend to go in the Rockies, but there are many, many free places to camp on U.S. Forest Service and Bureau of Land Management land in Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Colorado, and New Mexico.  While there are many organized, fee campgrounds in both, there are a lot more boondocking locations where you can camp anywhere so long as there is no signage prohibiting it.

Cheers,

Dan K.

If you use Android, try the Ultimate Public Campgrounds application. Amazing database of good places to stay, that are either free or low-cost. It is available in the Google Play Store. It is pretty much all I use anymore.

Frank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom