Yosemite Lakes 1000 Trails Property

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

butchiiii

Hello,
Has anyone been to the Yosemite Lakes 1000 Trails campground? If so how was it and do
you recommend it for a 5 or 6 day stay? Please let me know.
Thanks for the help.

I have never been there but I have been to Yosemite many times. Do you realize that YL is about 50 miles of mountain driving just to get to the valley? That would be a two hour commute each way.

The Forum held a rally at Yosemite Pines CG which is actually a further from the Valley. The commute to the park was OK, but the traffic in the valley was a real PITA plus there was some construction delays in the valley.
On one of our commutes we pull into Yosemite Lakes CG and it looked fine. More open than Yosemite Pines.
ken

Have not been to that campground.. (Want to visit the area some day however)

But I do belong to Thousand Trails.  And have the following observations.

Many TT campgrounds are in need of serious work.. And it is being done.. SLOWLY  But in the meantime the parks are often short on staff.. but that said of all the parks I've stayed at the TT Staffers are the best... I'm currently in a fantastic modern park with lots of amenities. 3 Hot tubs, 3 FUll size pools (one each indoor) a splash pad for kids and a lazy river,  Put Put.  Two family centers, over 700 Sites and more.. It's almost all modern (one row is "Tent"  Cable TV and more.

I still like the TT parks better due to the staff.

But I've never been to that one.

Thanks for the info folks. Kind of deceptive that they say the park entrance is only 5 miles away.
Technically it is but the stuff you want to see is much further along. Have to think about the
road in. Sounds exciting but the wife hates exciting. May be a deal breaker. Thanks for the
help.

butchiiii said:
Thanks for the info folks. Kind of deceptive that they say the park entrance is only 5 miles away.
Technically it is but the stuff you want to see is much further along. Have to think about the
road in. Sounds exciting but the wife hates exciting. May be a deal breaker. Thanks for the
help.
I am sorry Butch but I Googled the resort again to see how they came up with five miles and that is correct. The first time I Googled it I was directed to a totally different campground. The new location is much closer to Yosemite but still at least an hour away, maybe more. The road is very windy and slow going. Next time you want to go to Yosemite find out about their reservation system and be online five months in advance and get a spot on the valley floor. They have a free shuttle system and you literally don't need to drive once you are there. Another option is to see if you can rent a tent at Curry Village. They have a parking lot you could keep the RV in. It is centrally located in the valley and the tents are nice.

Thanks SeilerBird, we will do that for next year's season. I haven't been to Yosemite since 1965 and the
wife has never been.

Getting a reservation is a chore, it must be done exactly right. Here is the page you need. Figure out the dates you wish to go and consult the chart. It will tell you exactly what day you need to make your reservation on. You need to be on their website at 7 am PT and be vigilant. Unless you are disabled then there are different rules. Boy is your wife in for a treat. I have been to all the National Parks in the country and all the states and Yosemite wins the beauty contest. If you have a choice the best month to visit Yosemite is May. The very best weather, a lower amount of tourist and fewer rug rats, and the mosquitoes have not arrived yet. I used to live 300 miles from Yosemite and I have been there many times.

https://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/camping.htm

Back
Top Bottom